Do you listen to music Morrissey likes?

I definately love the music he likes. I discovered really great bands because of him, like Ludus and Magazine. And he loves New York Dolls like me , which is great.

I tried my darndest to ignore Moz's rantings about the NYD's because id only ever seen one bad vid of them and was horrified by the racket,
then i saw them support him in ireland last year, ann now im a huge fan. :lbf:

also love Shocking Blue, DAKT, Bowie, (liked him before id even heard of moz)
but thats about it.

but then again i dont listen to much else, im a bit of a baroque buff, truth be told. :blushing:

A few...Bowie, T-Rex of course, and the acquired taste of Klaus Nomi.

The recent ones he backs, DaTK, Kristeen Young, Damien Dempsey etc, utter crap.

That said, you guys are only really mentioning (for the most part), the people he championed when famous himself. What about the pop records he grew up in love with??

Jimmy Jones - Good Timing, for example, such a simple pop song, but so beautiful. I've recently started buying old 2 min/ 2 mins 20 secs pop records from this era, and it really is special to listen to on vinyl.

I like Bowie, but didn't get it from Morrissey. Otherwise I have virtually nothing in common with Morrissey's taste in music, films and books.

I think Morrissey's opinions on contemporary music are idiosyncratic. Most of the bands he champions are eccentric, weird, and generally not great. Just my opinion. Then he goes and says all music today is crap. I don't think he's aware of the truly excellent stuff out there.

However, he has impeccable taste from his pre-Smiths days. I love Bowie, T. Rex, Roxy Music, the Stooges, the Fall, Buzzcocks, New York Dolls, Nico, and the Cramps. And I like Klaus Nomi a fair amount.

Did he like the Libertines?

I also listen to the Smiths and Morrissey.

:thumb:

Morrissey/ Marr?
Carl/ Pete?

Pete's solo stuff including the Babyshambles whats your favourite album?

The Kills. I don't understand

Blaggers ITA, Gallon Drunk, Echobelly, Marion, Gene, Sack, Smoking Popes, Phranc, Boyfriends, Kristeen Young, The Thrills, some f***ingawful rockabilly band on the UK Your Arsenal tour (anyone help???) Tiger Army... they all could have been bigger than the Beatles.

I've seen some of these so your kids don't have to

Joni, Bowie and Roxy Music

Honourable mentions to songs;

The Bodines - Therese
Would-Bes- Funny Ha Ha
A-ha- The Sun Always Shines On TV

I can't stand most bands/singers he likes, except Roxy Music.

I can't stand most bands/singers he likes, except Roxy Music.

:lbf: Sorry.:straightface:

Whenever I hear "Gene" I feel like reaching for the puke bucket. I'm sure they had a few decent songs. Just can't remember any.:straightface: "Turgid" is the word that comes to mind... :sick: works for most of Morrissey's tastes :barf: Just awful.

Blaggers ITA, Gallon Drunk, Echobelly, Marion, Gene, Sack, Smoking Popes, Phranc, Boyfriends, Kristeen Young, The Thrills, some f***ingawful rockabilly band on the UK Your Arsenal tour (anyone help???) Tiger Army... they all could have been bigger than the Beatles.

I've seen some of these so your kids don't have to

Joni, Bowie and Roxy Music

Honourable mentions to songs;

The Bodines - Therese
Would-Bes- Funny Ha Ha
A-ha- The Sun Always Shines On TV

The Well Oiled Sisters. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom