Cool clip from TV on Latinos and 80's music craze in Los Angeles

Didn't you say in another thread that you had "the best Morrissey voice" and that you had tried to be in several tribute bands but no one wanted you?

Not completely. I tried to look for bands that played Smiths and other covers, but I didn't want to be Morrissey. I just wanted to be myself. I may have joked with the idea of having "the best Morrissey voice", I wasn't being serious...I never am completely serious.
However you are right about rejection, I have been rejected many times. Thank you very much for reminding me...

Not completely. I tried to look for bands that played Smiths and other covers, but I didn't want to be Morrissey. I just wanted to be myself. I may have joked with the idea of having "the best Morrissey voice", I wasn't being serious...I never am completely serious.
However you are right about rejection, I have been rejected many times. Thank you very much for reminding me.

Nevermind mcrickson...he is a mean old man who delights in shattering the dreams of people who are young and have potential.

Nevermind mcrickson...he is a mean old man who delights in shattering the dreams of people who are young and have potential.

I'd be willing to bet that I'm younger than you. It's okay, though, you can still feel like you're 'with the times' by watching "Mean Girls" again.

I'd be willing to bet that I'm younger than you. It's okay, though, you can still feel like you're 'with the times' by watching "Mean Girls" again.

Well, judging by your posts, I'd say you can't be older than 12...so, you just may be on to something there.

Well, judging by your posts, I'd say you can't be older than 12...so, you just may be on to something there.

Oh, I'm sorry, judging by your bizarre childish glee at just-outdated teen angst films, fascination with Jack Nicholson, and your 'cute' Two-Face avatars, I was under the impression that perhaps you were a washed-up college dropout in his mid-20s with a part time job at a supermarket and no girlfriend.

Oh, I'm sorry, judging by your bizarre childish glee at just-outdated teen angst films, fascination with Jack Nicholson, and your 'cute' Two-Face avatars, I was under the impression that perhaps you were a washed-up college dropout in his mid-20s with a part time job at a supermarket and no girlfriend.

Yet again you've taken an unwarranted, unnecessary potshot at what even a cursory overview of his posts reveals to be a sincere and formidable interest in popular culture.

What is your criteria for deciding the expiration date on media and pop art? How do you determine these things?

You seem to turn your nose up arbitrarily at his cultural touchstone references and I'd be curious as to know what litmus test you use for figuring out the validity of someone's interest in film, television, and other media...because it seems like an extremely childish thing for you to get hung up on.

Then come the textbook schoolyard mockeries of telling someone that because of their interests -which you feel are beneath you- he must have a shitty job and no girlfriend...are you going to give him a wedgie next?

And I can't conceive of being in your mid 20s and "washed out." How can someone be "washed out" in the prime of life? Because they dropped out of college?

So did Woody Allen, who I'm sure accomplishes more art by taking a shit than you have in your entire life.

Last edited by a moderator:

That doesn't even make sense in the least. Are you seriously saying your choice of avatar and taste in film and actors directly relates to your age, occupation, relationship status and education? Obviously I made a dire mistake ever giving you credit for being mildly intellectual...a freshly clipped toenail has more intelligence, talent, and more of a future than you'll ever know.

Frankly, though, I don't need to judge your avatar or taste in film to know you are a pretentious ass who tries too hard to be clever and artsy and fails horribly on both counts. Speaking of working at a grocery store, how's life at the Shop N' Save? Still mopping up children's vomit from the floor? Surely that is where you find your musical inspiration...Suavity's Mouthpiece? You've GOT to be kidding me...more like Sphincter's Mouthpiece...which aptly describes you and your "music" in more way than one.

That doesn't even make sense in the least.

Oh, like the brilliant paradigm that is THIS model of logic?:

Nevermind mcrickson...he is a mean old man...

Well, judging by your posts, I'd say you can't be older than 12...

Are you seriously saying your choice of avatar and taste in film and actors directly relates to your age, occupation, relationship status and education? Obviously I made a dire mistake ever giving you credit for being mildly intellectual...a freshly clipped toenail has more intelligence, talent, and more of a future than you'll ever know.

I'm seriously saying that you have (what I'm sure you must consider) fascinating and predictable taste. It's not my fault you equate such with intelligence, talent, and a future, and as always, your almighty opinion as fact.

Frankly, though, I don't need to judge your avatar or taste in film to know you are a pretentious ass who tries too hard to be clever and artsy and fails horribly on both counts.

Okay.

Speaking of working at a grocery store, how's life at the Shop N' Save? Still mopping up children's vomit from the floor? Surely that is where you find your musical inspiration...Suavity's Mouthpiece? You've GOT to be kidding me...more like Sphincter's Mouthpiece...which aptly describes you and your "music" in more way than one.

Ahh, I knew you'd be the type who'd be so engrossed with strangers on an internet forum that you'd do some extra homework and gleefully browse the information on their lives, thinking that it was time well-spent -- a vivid outlook on YOUR priorities. By all means, say whatever you please. I'm not ashamed of being a student. But when you get to a certain age, I'm afraid it just doesn't cut it anymore, and judging by the time you have on your hands to assert yourself as someone who feels the need to reach desperately for immaterial facts about a person's life in order to feel like you've accomplished something for your day -- well, I'm sure there's something much better you could be doing with your life. And certainly you could think up more WICKED and HURTFUL backlashings toward my precious "music" than that that could cripple my unshakable confidence more permanently -- come on ;)

Yet again you've taken an unwarranted, unnecessary potshot at what even a cursory overview of his posts reveals to be a sincere and formidable interest in popular culture.

Sincere? Oh, I know that. Formidable? I think I've been generous enough today.

What is your criteria for deciding the expiration date on media and pop art? How do you determine these things?

So "Mean Girls" is a pop art pinnacle? Wasn't aware.

You seem to turn your nose up arbitrarily at his cultural touchstone references and I'd be curious as to know what litmus test you use for figuring out the validity of someone's interest in film, television, and other media...because it seems like an extremely childish thing for you to get hung up on.

Oh, you know, I'd liken it to starting a thread about what two Morrissey album's I'd give up if I could never hear them again and then figuring out the validity of someone's interest in the albums that don't fit your fancy. What? I can't play your game? Awww, I guess I'll have to go back to my part-time job and mop up child's vomit :p

Then come the textbook schoolyard mockeries of telling someone that because of their interests -which you feel are beneath you- they have a shitty job and no girlfriend...are you going to give him a wedgie next?

Ah, perhaps it would've been more 'adult' for me to say he has Downs

I shall keep you in my prayers as well...I'm confident that someday they will find a cure for your Down syndrome...you just gotta believe. :p

Just playing by your rules, champ.

And I can't conceive of being in your mid 20s and "washed out." How can someone be "washed out" in the prime of life? Because they dropped out of college?

So did Woody Allen, who I'm sure accomplishes more art by taking a shit than you have in your entire life.

Yes, every college drop-out possesses the 'artistic integrity' of Woody Allen. How foolish of me, how could I have forgotten?

So "Mean Girls" is a pop art pinnacle? Wasn't aware.

You completely miss the point. The point was that you have no right to smugly decide that it isn't, or judge someone/throw half-assed sterotype insults at them because they enjoy a certain film or book or actor...whatever.

Ahh, I knew you'd be the type who'd be so engrossed with strangers on an internet forum that you'd do some extra homework and gleefully browse the information on their lives, thinking that it was time well-spent

No, it's much better to just fart out asinine assumptions about people based on their choice of avatar.

If people put public information/pictures online, then they're fair game.

Oh, you know, I'd liken it to starting a thread about what two Morrissey album's I'd give up if I could never hear them again and then figuring out the validity of someone's interest in the albums that don't fit your fancy. What? I can't play your game?

That thread was, at the beginning and the end, just a chance to shoot the shit. That was the whole point. I agreed with some answers, I disagreed with others, sometimes I articulated why but for the most part I just let the whole thing go of its own accord. I didn't base any estimations of validity, regarding anyone's interest or worth as a fan or whatever, on their answers. If someone doesn't like Southpaw Grammar -and many said they did not- I didn't lose any sleep over it. It just bothers you that the thread was inviting a potentially negative assessment of some of his work. Once again -and I cannot stress this enough- I truly cannot understand the idea that in order to be a fan you have to WORSHIP Morrissey.

Yes, every college drop-out possesses the 'artistic integrity' of Woody Allen. How foolish of me, how could I have forgotten?

Because you're a f***tard of Bretian proportions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep 'em coming :popcorn:

Yawn. Why even bother with you? At the end of the day, you'll still be an idiot with no redeemable qualities and everyone who responds to you will have lost time they could have spent actually enjoying themselves.

Enjoy your troll status...you'll be playing with yourself from now on...but that isn't anything new for you is it?
troll-bitch-slap.gif

Yawn. Why even bother with you? At the end of the day, you'll still be an idiot with no redeemable qualities and everyone who responds to you will have lost time they could have spent actually enjoying themselves.

Enjoy your troll status...you'll be playing with yourself from now on...but that isn't anything new for you is it?

I'm comfortable with my identity and merely see all of this as a game to be played in my spare time. If you don't understand that, you, my friend, are taking yourself far too seriously.

smile25.jpg

I'm comfortable with my identity and merely see all of this as a game to be played in my spare time. If you don't understand that, you, my friend, are taking yourself far too seriously.

smile25.jpg

HERE it comes: the backtracking.

smile25.jpg

I bet you also dreamed up St. Elsewhere while looking into a snowglobe...

Let's go back to discussing the laughable desperation of Morrissey-obsessed Mexicans.

Back
Top Bottom