Congratulations....someone has made my ignore list

I will heartily laugh at anybody who puts anyone on an ignore list. Surely most normal folk agree it is a most ludicrous concept. Imagine being so offended or upset by any person on the Internet that you simply choose to ignore them.

"*Sniff*....th....they.....are.....being...*sniff*...mean to me..." :tears:

Grow up.

You are making the assumption that the person that uses the ignore list is upset and emotional about someone else's opinions. It can be a lot less dramatic than that. Some people post a lot and they repeatedly express the same concept, "I am just a wacky and incurable lunatic! Love me!" Now, maybe I happen to find their wacky behavior boring, I'm able to think of a simple cure for their zany antics, and I will surely never feel anything except disdain. So why should I read each and every post to verify this?

You are usually quite logical, but I can't see it here. Why is everyone entitled to force themselves on everyone else? We all make our posts, for what it's worth, but we can't expect that everyone should be forced to read them, or even to scroll past them.

No, the ignore list is a great thing. I use it sparingly. The person I have on ignore said he had more than 20 people on ignore, along with a long list of threads he didn't want to read, and he still seemed to find this site more interesting than his real life.

No names, since this isn't the Pigsty. :lbf:

Also, in the future when someone makes a thread like this and doesn't put it in the Pigsty, I will be forced to ignore.

Also, in the future when someone makes a thread like this and doesn't put it in the Pigsty, I will be forced to ignore.

I didn't post this in the Pigsty because I had no intent of "flame-wars, arguments, fighting, etc." but I can see where the discussion of this topic could take it in that direction.

I should probably consider the way the discussion of a topic could go instead of just the topic itself, but then, with some posters in the forums, any topic could lead down the path to the Pigsty or the outhouse or........

I didn't post this in the Pigsty because I had no intent of "flame-wars, arguments, fighting, etc." but I can see where the discussion of this topic could take it in that direction.

I should probably consider the way the discussion of a topic could go instead of just the topic itself, but then, with some posters in the forums, any topic could lead down the path to the Pigsty or the outhouse or........

Yes! You must anticipate the arc of the discussion. :p

Yes! You must anticipate the arc of the discussion. :p

I bought this repro poster on Sunday at the USS Intrepid for my WWII materials in class along with a War Bonds propaganda poster. Feel free to use it around the forum where applicable.

WWII%20Watching_jpg.jpg

Tags
i <3 superhans isitsuperhans? nugz luvs phish s-hansgotpwned!
Back
Top Bottom