Collecting "Hand In Glove" by Sandie Shaw

Stephane

Pashernate member
"Passions Just Like Mine" (link below)
> 'official releases'
>> 'collectors appendix'
>>> 'Hand In Glove' [by Sandie Shaw]

Or take the shortcut

For more info on this series, please read this.

Now your turn...

thanks,
Stephane

PS: I'm inviting you to put up images of what you have in the respective "Collecting" thread, like Stefan did, even if it isn't as rare as what Stefan put up. Go on, show us your stuff!

I have images of almost everything mentioned on each page, so I can also put some up if anyone requests it.

I'm off to measure my 7" to see if it's 6.5"...

It would be good to see the promo photos that are mentioned of Sandie with members of the band... and scans of the press release would be great - but I accept that posting them on a website would lead to fakes appearing in no time...

Dave

First of all many thanks for your fantastic work.
I have a maybe "stupid" question:
I checked my 7 inch and found out that it must be a first pressing, push-out-center etc., but the matrix-number reads RT 130 A-1U-1-2-2 and RT 130 B-1U-1-1-X1 (?). Something special or just a later edition of the first pressing?
I also found out, that I have the rarer black vinyl german pressing, which makes me very happy.
Stephane could you help me on this?

Thank you in advance

I have something to add, how exciting...

Just checked my 7" (alas no 6.5" to be found). I have the white label (yellow label) sadly without press release and the Spanish 7" with 12" artwork.

I've also got two standard UK 7", but the B side matrix numbers are different and the artwork on the back is slightly different
  • The record with B-1U-1-2-0 is inside a sleeve as picture on Passions
  • But I also have B-1U-1-1-10 this is in a sleeve where on the back along the top is printed RT130 - this is different to the image shown on Passions

Can I afford to retire from the proceeds of selling such a gem?

Dave

I checked my 7 inch and found out that it must be a first pressing, push-out-center etc., but the matrix-number reads RT 130 A-1U-1-2-2 and RT 130 B-1U-1-1-X1 (?). Something special or just a later edition of the first pressing?

A later pressing of the first edition. Nothing unusual. There are more variations out there than the matrix numbers I have put up. Now if you had A-2U or B-2U, that would be new.

The way I understand it is that they change the 'U' number when the record is recut. The numbers that follow the 'U' number increase with further pressings of the same cut. I'm not sure if I am using the proper vocabulary here, but you probably understand what I'm trying to say.

Eventually I hope people are going to send me the matrix numbers of their UK vinyl and I will list it all.

Stephane

[*]But I also have B-1U-1-1-10 this is in a sleeve where on the back along the top is printed RT130 - this is different to the image shown on Passions

Nice. I've never heard of this. From your photo it looks like the sleeves are cut differently.

Q: the labels on both records are the same?

Now let's see how many other people have this variation.

Stephane

A later pressing of the first edition. Nothing unusual. There are more variations out there than the matrix numbers I have put up. Now if you had A-2U or B-2U, that would be new.

The way I understand it is that they change the 'U' number when the record is recut. The numbers that follow the 'U' number increase with further pressings of the same cut. I'm not sure if I am using the proper vocabulary here, but you probably understand what I'm trying to say.

Eventually I hope people are going to send me the matrix numbers of their UK vinyl and I will list it all.

Stephane
Thank you for clearing this up. Keep up the excelent work (must be a lot?). I think everyone is waiting for the "new collectors entries" and to check their vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom