Chequebooks out

Poor minds are obsessed by money. As mother sang as a kid, money is the root of all evil, take it away, take it away. Lol. Love is richness.

Odds on that selling are about 5000/1
Smart move tho, to test the water and gauge a few offers. Anything around the 3k mark should be seriously considered, though, even an offer in that region is hard to envisage.

Poor minds are obsessed by money. As mother sang as a kid, money is the root of all evil, take it away, take it away. Lol. Love is richness.

Excuse me for being pedantic but the saying 'Money is the root of all evil' is a common misquote. It's actually a verse from the book of Timothy in the Bible that reads "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil." I like to correct whenever I can because money really isn't the problem, it's obsession with it.

Odds on that selling are about 5000/1
Smart move tho, to test the water and gauge a few offers. Anything around the 3k mark should be seriously considered, though, even an offer in that region is hard to envisage.
Based on what?

Based on previous sales, has one ever sold close to £3000, let alone £5000. The last few I’ve seen went for between £1800-2500. And let’s get real, it’s not even that rare, not when compared to some other smiths items.

And you’d know, wouldn’t you.

Based on previous sales, has one ever sold close to £3000, let alone £5000. The last few I’ve seen went for between £1800-2500. And let’s get real, it’s not even that rare, not when compared to some other smiths items.
Seller claims it’s the most collectible item. What would you say is the holy grail of smiths collectors?

Agreed.

And Ive got a Negative Sleeve.

And on top of Test pressings, try finding the Rank mispressed sleeve - that is a rarity.

Is the rank blank sleeve deffo a misprint? Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s another faded image due to sunlight. I’ve seen cases where the billy Fury image on a 12” Last Night I dreamt sleeve has been totally wiped clean, pure white leaving nothing but “The Smiths” in the top left corner. Does the blank Rank have any text on the back or spine?

Is the rank blank sleeve deffo a misprint? Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s another faded image due to sunlight. I’ve seen cases where the billy Fury image on a 12” Last Night I dreamt sleeve has been totally wiped clean, pure white leaving nothing but “The Smiths” in the top left corner. Does the blank Rank have any text on the back or spine?

Id have to dig it out of storage but 99.9% sure that it does. Its definitely not a faded sleeve - Its just a front sleeve with the Text and no Alexandra Bastedo.

Here’s the ‘blank’ last night, very reminiscent of the blank rank sleeve.

(Pic via Victor Esparza)

1314A4B9-AC98-4AF1-966B-E4BF6211AAAE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom