Celebrity evaluation of Moz from today's NME (Elton John content!!)

U

Uncleskinny1

Celebrities look back on the year's singles - Simon Pegg (Shaun Of The Dead), Elton John, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Nadia (Big Brother - good lord).

Morrissey - Irish Blood, English Heart

Simon - "It's nice to hear a Morrissey song registering on the Richter scale again. The Smiths were the soundtrack to my teens and early-20s, so his voice alone is enough to stir emotion in me"

Elton - "He's had a f***ing amazing year. We need characters like him. I like this one a lot. I think he's got a really good voice."

Nadia - "I just met two people in two days who love Morrissey, and one of them has a cat called Morrissey. Ha ha ha! I like it. It's a great song. I would buy it, I think. All of us can idolise people who can suffer."

Daniel - "I really like it because you've got that really bitter Morrissey thing but he does it in a classy way, it's not like he's whining. That's my favourite song off the album and I love the fact that he's released 'I Have Forgiven Jesus' as the Christmas single."

Simon - "It sounds to me that after the whole Union Jack incident at the Madness gig, he's trying to redefine what he meant by that in an easier time to do it. It's a very patriotic song. It's slightly lacking in some of the usual humour, it feels a bit angry. And he's at his best when he's got a real smile on his face."

Sk.

Back
Top Bottom