Capitalized debate

Is it being really pedantic to point out that the song title is Darling, I Hug a Pillow - note lower case a?
The capitalization of song titles doesn't follow a specific guide, a music editor I used to work with capitalized all of them so I just go with that preference and to me it looks better.

The capitalization of song titles doesn't follow a specific guide, a music editor I used to work with capitalized all of them so I just go with that preference and to me it looks better.
Okay, sweetie, I forgot that was your policy - I was just thinking of how Morrissey had it down.

Where did you see that? Might be inconsistent, the A is capitalized in this announcement post:

I just got used to seeing a small 'a' on the official audio on the Morrissey YouTube channel, but I can see there's inconsistency overall. I note that for some songs on the new unreleased albums there are titles that don't have every word capitalized when they have been mentioned on Central.

Errr...yes it does. The 'A' in 'Darling, I Hug a Pillow' should not be capitalized. https://www.yourdictionary.com/articles/song-title-capitalization
No it doesn't, not following that person's guide.

Edit: I don't think there is a 'right' answer. Discogs capitalizes all words in songs:

Last edited:

Attachments

• R-14950231-1584821132-9151.jpg
    R-14950231-1584821132-9151.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 0
How is this even a discussion o_O:ROFLMAO:?
Who TF cares?!
I ask myself that about a lot of the content of this site; at least this is a Morrissey-related question. I actually think it looks more modern to have small words such as determiners and prepositions uncapitalized. Of course, here it's davidt's choice to make.

I mean, you might be correct, there's no denying that, but the man himself uses capital A, I guess we should stick with that
Oh for sure - Morrissey doesn't necessarily follow the standard grammar rules (see 'List of the Lost' for several million examples) but it doesn't mean these rules don't exist. I was just pointing out that the notion that it's a complete free-for-all, and there is no standard accepted practice is incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom