Bring it back to dear old blighty...

The only other footy song I've always liked is World In Motion for the 1990 WC, but then again it was written by New Order my second favourite band of all time. :thumb:[/QUOTE]

2nd favourite band eh?

who's the first?

:)

Blighty?

I didn't know the England team had formed a coalition squad with the rest of the British Isles :rolleyes:

Wow, i hadn't figured that one out... usually the Scots are the first to complain about England representing Britain! oops, missed opportunity to moan!

Do scotland play in this? What about Ireland, the other Ireland and Wales?;) Do they have representative songs too?
John Gordon Sinclair (Gregory's girl) did a world cup song when i were a lass:D

Wiki says this of "The L-Shaped room":....

The Smiths chose to open their 1986 album, The Queen Is Dead, with a sound sample from this film — taken from the scene at the house in London during the Christmas season, in which Mavis (Cicely Courtneidge) leads her fellow Brits abroad through an off-key chorus of "Take Me Back To Dear Old Blighty".

They're not Brits abroad in the film, just Brits (which is why they're in "the house in London"). Silly Wikipedia wrong again!

And for the record I don`think people have to be beautiful to sing or videotaped but these guys would be the ones I would flee from in a pub.

The drunken footie fans who gave britain a bad name.

I like the song and think the video is funny, even if the lads cannot sing in tune. It's meant to be a bit of harmless fun, nothing else...
Let's agree to disagree Quiffaa. ;)

At first when I saw the song I had mixed feelings- how dare they touch a classic, such bad singing etc etc
But after half a second I didn't mind it, in fact it's quite in keeping with the spirt of the L Shaped Room version- people having a good time, the ol' English knees up

Back
Top Bottom