Brett Anderson

I think this kind of begging for soon-to-be generally commercially available material is disgraceful. All these people signing up just to freeload the album. Kevaxe2k2 you should be ashamed of yourself, really.

I really don't think this kind of thing should be allowed on Morrissey-solo.com

I think this kind of begging for soon-to-be generally commercially available material is disgraceful. All these people signing up just to freeload the album. Kevaxe2k2 you should be ashamed of yourself, really.

I really don't think this kind of thing should be allowed on Morrissey-solo.com

Yes, I have 10,000 songs on my itunes I downloaded for free. Somehow I still sleep at nighjt

Well it degrades solo, especially when it gets to the point of people signing up to the forums just to download new albums. I am going to write to davidt about it and I will await his reply with interest.

Sharing out of print or never-commercially-avaiable stuff, (morrissey or not) is a different proposition.

Just so you know, I won't be linking the album anymore (after the release date it will be on my hard-disk among the thousands of songs I share on soulseek). Who wants it will surely find it...
It was wrong from the start probably, but Kevaxe and some others are actually members and posted in Suede/Brett related threads even before this, plus I got lots of Suede bootlegs and stuff from here and I felt I should give something in return (especially my dear Carnation).***
As for those who signed up only to download the album and will never post again, I was wrong to help them... Hadn't I done it, someone would have said "why did alpha, beta and gamma receive the links and I didn't?" Weak excuse...

Anyway the album's out on July 21st.

*** For those against file-sharing, I would have never bought Here Come The Tears or any Suede records hadn't I heard them for free. There's a thread here with links to the Tears b-sides, that's where I found them. I will buy "refugees" and "lovers" someday.
Another point. I attended a Brett gig last year, only because I'd downloaded Suede/Tears/solo stuff for free and liked it very much. And I liked the gig and started buying the CDs. Little by little I'll buy all the albums.
The starting point was illegal, now I'm a decent fan (some would say hardcore)

Last edited:
Well it degrades solo, especially when it gets to the point of people signing up to the forums just to download new albums. I am going to write to davidt about it and I will await his reply with interest.

Sharing out of print or never-commercially-avaiable stuff, (morrissey or not) is a different proposition.

You need a holiday somewhere in the sun. What % of music that the average person downloaded was actually paid for? I was glad to help fellow Brett fans. If they weren't gonna get it from me, they were gonna get it from someone else

It was generous to share the album with the fans who will buy the album when it's out.
But will those who signed up only to download the album for free, really buy the album?
I'm not sure. We'll never know. :( :(
So I can understand where 2-J is coming from. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
brett anderson 2007--Album with Love is Dead.

I just discovered Wilderness by Brett Anderson 2008 on I-tunes. I bought it right away. Too bad it didn't get any promotion over here in the US.

The 2007 album with Love Is Dead is not a US release. Anyone kind enough to upload it on Megaupload?

I would buy it off Itunes if it were available and the only merchants with it on ebay are from Asia and I don't want to get burned. I have purchased all the Suede material and as much of the solo material as you can get here in the States.

Anyone willing to help.

See you all on the Refusal Tour!!

Re: brett anderson 2007--Album with Love is Dead.

Thanks to girl afraid whose download link in page 2 is still available.

For some reason I had thought Bret anderson had passed away years ago.

Re: brett anderson 2007--Album with Love is Dead.

thanks for this info.......I did not know of the other thread. Love the music...thanks again!

my girlfriend who is really obsessed with brett just told me, that on the uk version of 'wilderness' is a different bonus track than on the european edition.
it's called 'fell for it' - anyone has this track?
i'd be really, really grateful!

my girlfriend who is really obsessed with brett just told me, that on the uk version of 'wilderness' is a different bonus track than on the european edition.
it's called 'fell for it' - anyone has this track?
i'd be really, really grateful!

:p:D that was a joke on his forum, there is not such a track.

Back
Top Bottom