birmingham show

Re: Birmingham tickets

It's a nice venue actually, and pretty great sound. Went on my birthday when he played there a few years back, and although I was stuck on the balcony having paid a fortune to some scumbag off eBay, it was one of his best.

I ended up with a seat in the cirlce, row C. Not bad but could've been better. I mean, on my order tracker it says I bought it at 10.00am on the dot. All the stalls had gone already?! Ah well, could've been a lot worse and it's just great to be there

I bought mine at 8.53 and got grand tier! Fortunately I queued up and got (somewhat) better seats

Having queued up from 7am and being only 7 people from the front of the queue, I ended up with left terrace row B. Other people that were INFRONT OF ME ended up with WORSE tickets (even some in the circle!) than I did. Apparently this is due to people on the internet going to buy tickets and then rejecting them.

In 2006 I got front row when my dad queued up for me. In 2006 they opened the box office early before telephone and internet sales began. This time the staff took ages with each booking and didn't open up until gone 10.

Thanks for the link to TBSH ticket page. Much appreciated!

I'd given up on Orange & Ticketmaster.

After much faffing, and being told there were none left I finally got one for Birmingham. WOOHOOO!!!!! Shame it's in the Grand Tier though. BOOO!!!

It's such a nightmare trying to get tickets when you work, and they go on sale at 10:00. It's perfectly set up so that layabout ticket touts can snap them up & sell them overpriced on eBay. Bastards!

Oh well, rant over. Might be a crap ticket, but it's a ticket!!

Having queued up from 7am and being only 7 people from the front of the queue, I ended up with left terrace row B. Other people that were INFRONT OF ME ended up with WORSE tickets (even some in the circle!) than I did. Apparently this is due to people on the internet going to buy tickets and then rejecting them.

In 2006 I got front row when my dad queued up for me. In 2006 they opened the box office early before telephone and internet sales began. This time the staff took ages with each booking and didn't open up until gone 10.

Ahhh, my mate was in that queue. We got terrace row c, so feel the pain.

xxxx

apparently the terraces are better than the front stalls from the way the stage is positioned? who knows if this is true
i tried for 20 minutes straight on the symphony hall site to get good seats, all i was getting were seats in the grand tier and the circle
i'm just glad i got something

ive been told that the floor in symphony hall is incrediby steep,
and the terraces look like a good place to be esp if you end up at the ends that are practically OVER the stage..!!

i have no idea what my one from orange is, they wouldnt tell me, bet its bloody grand tier, just hoping its over the stage so at least ill be looking down on him rather than needing binoculars and looking down on him... Grrr

I know you probably get a better view from the terrace but I'm still very disappointed about queuing that long and not getting something decent and close to the stage. Although the seating plan makes it look like the terraces are above the stage, this isn't the case as they seem to never use seats 1-5. I got seats 8 and 9, row B so won't be anywhere near the stage.

Moan moan moan moan. Sorry :p

I know you probably get a better view from the terrace but I'm still very disappointed about queuing that long and not getting something decent and close to the stage. Although the seating plan makes it look like the terraces are above the stage, this isn't the case as they seem to never use seats 1-5. I got seats 8 and 9, row B so won't be anywhere near the stage.

Moan moan moan moan. Sorry :p

but if they never use them this means you should be able to scoot into their area and be closer, i'll swap ya if your that unhappy with them?
i do understand what you mean though, its all been fixed with the touts before they even go on sale. :mad:edit, just looked at my seating chart, omg terrace!! i was thinking you had circle!!

but if they never use them this means you should be able to scoot into their area and be closer, i'll swap ya if your that unhappy with them?
i do understand what you mean though, its all been fixed with the touts before they even go on sale. :mad:edit, just looked at my seating chart, omg terrace!! i was thinking you had circle!!
Haha sorry... I am making my seats sound worse than what they are... I just keep looking at my 2006 row AA seat 22 and :tears:

I'm such a spoilt child :p

Haha sorry... I am making my seats sound worse than what they are... I just keep looking at my 2006 row AA seat 22 and :tears:

I'm such a spoilt child :p

haha, no I TOTALLY understand, just try to remember that some people who love him as much as we do will NEVER get to see him, so we are quite lucky really. *tires to convince herself* ;)

hey i'm in row b seats 14-15! we're gonna be sitting pretty close to each other, well unless you're on left terrace

I was there in 2006 right at the back, (see photo) still had a great time. It's not the NEC, even the worst seats at the SH are better than three quarters of the NEC regarding distance from the stage.
The sound at the Symphony Hall is superb. It'll be a great night, see you there!
3102507806_2213ec70a7_o.jpg

Last edited:
crimes - haha ok well then i guess we'll be on totally opposite ends !!
also that pictures makes me even more excited to see him !!!

Back
Top Bottom