Birmingham 23/10/09

i totally disagree w/ the idea that some people thought it was a poor performance. i thought he had tons of energy, his voice never faltered and he was all about his fans. he was in a super good mood.
my only complaint is that it was a bit short but i guess that's to the fact that he just flew from the u.s. i was a bit disappointed in that and ya i guess he got tired b/c he suddenly left the stage, but during the actual show he was in good spirits and really into it. i don't know what that morphine comment from him was all about BUT OH WELL. also kind of wished he played better smiths songs but all in all GOOD SHOW.

ok also ya it was a bit weird at the end of the show when he suddenly left and there was this weird silence from the audience and then you saw a crew member suddenly go OK ITS OVER w/ his hands. but he came back ok for the last song.

Charming man:yes
black cloud:yes
ganglord:yes
how soon is now?: no
ok by myself: ok
poor education,:yes
death at ones elbow: yes
teenage dad,: hmmm
paris:hmmm
loop: ok
nowhere fast::thumb:
spoke to Carol: super
cemetry gates::thumb:
goodbye will be farewell: :thumb:
find out for yourself:hmmm
is it really so strange::thumb:
crashin bores:no
pigsty:hmmm
first of the gang: :mad:

new merch

How's the new merch, if any? Any new Tees? Autographed Swords vinyl?

There's a myFace Brummy chummy who reported that there were 11 (!!!) new shirts, including a Goodlooking Man About Town one. 11?!?!? I dunno, but that's the word. Mebbe he meant 11 shirts altogether. (sigh) If only Mozzer's setlist would contain 11 NEW additions.

Also reported that autographed Swords vinyl not available until Monday. I can't verify this, but Brummy chummy is usually very knowledgeable about these things.

Charming man:yes
black cloud:yes
ganglord:yes
how soon is now?: no
ok by myself: ok
poor education,:yes
death at ones elbow: yes
teenage dad,: hmmm
paris:hmmm
loop: ok
nowhere fast::thumb:
spoke to Carol: super
cemetry gates::thumb:
goodbye will be farewell: :thumb:
find out for yourself:hmmm
is it really so strange::thumb:
crashin bores:no
pigsty:hmmm
first of the gang: :mad:

I just can't believe how boring some of the audience were. Now I understand why it is so essential to be at the fron of the stage! (Unfortunately the only tickets I could get were on Upper Circle opposite the stage - good view though). Some people were sitting down for the entire gig and some bloke fiddled with his Blackberry most of the time. If you can't enjoy yourself, stay at home and put a record on! I enjoyed the gig but the sudden ending was a bit weird and awkward and yes... far too short! I am wondering whether it is about making as much money as possible before he retires from touring?

Sounds like the jury is still out on this performance and set list. I personally think the set list looks good and I'll be looking forward to going to salisbury next week.

I just hope we don't get anymore cancellations. Canceling prestigious shows like the RAH twice could have a bad effort on morale. Let's hope his voice holds out.

Re: Birmingham Setlist?

I knew Swords tour's setlist would be identical to March - July setlist.

Good to see some new additions though. :)

...so it isn't IDENTICAL.
:confused:

...so it isn't IDENTICAL.
:confused:

Strictly speaking it's not identical, but I meant 80% of the songs would be the same as earlier 2009 gigs.

You have too much time just picking on me in the forums. :rolleyes:

Strictly speaking it's not identical, but I meant 80% of the songs would be the same as earlier 2009 gigs.

You have too much time just picking on me in the forums. :rolleyes:

Oh,the irony.

:confused: I'm not picking on you,Kewpster .

On the video front, there were bag and body searches going in and security were constantly scouring the crowd for persisntent recording on camera phones. Pathetic really, the only thing worse thsan being recorded............is not being recorded.

And Doll & the Kicks were excellent in a "Siouxsie & The Banshees" sort of way.

Back
Top Bottom