Best thing I didn't know I had

No1uno

Member of the Month™
Subscriber
Today I got around to boxing up my collectible stuff. My wife is very happy about having the dining room back. While boxing it up, it occurred to me that when I had looked through everything, this is the most special to me. Maybe because I did not know I had it.

image.jpg

This may be common as collecters buy anything as it it coming out and don't know what will be rare. It is tucked away safely now and headed for the attic. My wife came into the room while I was looking at it. She sat at the table with me. I explained the item and what made it cool to me.

She said, "So it's pretty rare?".
I said yes, I bought it when I was probably 17
She said, "Could you get another one?".
I said not very easily
She said, "Good thing you are keeping it then.".

Off to the attic I go.

Are there any surprises that you found that you did not know you had in yours?

Today I got around to boxing up my collectible stuff. My wife is very happy about having the dining room back. While boxing it up, it occurred to me that when I had looked through everything, this is the most special to me. Maybe because I did not know I had it.

View attachment 31389

This may be common as collecters buy anything as it it coming out and don't know what will be rare. It is tucked away safely now and headed for the attic. My wife came into the room while I was looking at it. She sat at the table with me. I explained the item and what made it cool to me.

She said, "So it's pretty rare?".
I said yes, I bought it when I was probably 17
She said, "Could you get another one?".
I said not very easily
She said, "Good thing you are keeping it then.".

Off to the attic I go.

Are there any surprises that you found that you did not know you had in yours?

She said , I said , she said , I said. Really? We don't need the run down verbatim version. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed it. Anyone who tells me they bought a Smiths record that young and went to shows at that age is royalty in my eyes. I met a fan online some time ago and his stories were one of the catalysts to my ongoing hobby.

Back
Top Bottom