Bands morrissey was in before the smiths

meat_is_murder19

Was morrissey in eney other big bands before the smiths seems he was in a punk and called the nosebleeds can`t seem to find eney of thier work

Apparently he was also in a band called Sulky Young, also known as The Tee Shirts.
As for the nosebleeds there are no recordings of them with Morrissey on vocals. I have "Ain't Bin To No Music School" by the nosebleeds if you want to hear it.

Morrissey was in the Nosebleeds, which was a new version of Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds after Ed had left for pastures new.
You can find stuff by Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds, but the new look version with Morrissey only played live twice before calling it a day. This was the late 1970's before the modern day technology of recording anything that farts, so nothing is available anywhere.
Morrissey then auditioned for the role of singer of Wythenshawe's finest band (and possibly only ever band!) Slaughter and the Dogs. But failed. Nothing to find anywhere on that front either.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Morrissey was in the Nosebleeds, which was a new version of Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds after Ed had left for pastures new.
You can find stuff by Ed Banger and the Nosebleeds, but the new look version with Morrissey only played live twice before calling it a day. This was the late 1970's before the modern day technology of recording anything that farts, so nothing is available anywhere.
Morrissey then auditioned for the role of singer of Wythenshawe's finest band (and possibly only ever band!) Slaughter and the Dogs. But failed. Nothing to find anywhere on that front either.

Jukebox Jury

Wythenshawe's only ever band? How very dare you.

And a recording of the Nosebleeds with Moz does exist, at least one short rehearsal cassette was made and it sounds terrible.
And that's a good reason to keep mine hidden, if you want my opinion.

:D :D :D

By the way, Ben Chill
I was dead chuffed the Silver Birch won the Grand National last week (not that I have any interest at all in horse racing) but my mam lived round the corner from the Silver Birch pub (in Benchill for those not in the know) when she was moved from Moss Side to 'Garden City' Wythenshawe after the 2nd world war.
Wynard Road to be precise.

Jukebox Jury

:D :D :D

By the way, Ben Chill
I was dead chuffed the Silver Birch won the Grand National last week (not that I have any interest at all in horse racing) but my mam lived round the corner from the Silver Birch pub (in Benchill for those not in the know) when she was moved from Moss Side to 'Garden City' Wythenshawe after the 2nd world war.
Wynard Road to be precise.

Jukebox Jury

I know the Silver Birch pub and Wynyard Road. My local was the Happy Man in Woodhouse Park.
My parents moved to Wythenshawe in the 1950s from Ireland via Ardwick.
And after a decade away I've just returned, this week, to the south of the city.

Nice one Ben
Yes, you even corrected me on the spelling of 'Wynyard'. My nana died there in 1981 (a month before the City - Spurs cup final and two weeks before my aunties wedding!) and my uncle died 3 years ago living in Peel Green so I have no more family in Wythenshawe anymore.

A Certain Ratio, no idea where they were from in the city.

Jukebox jury

Back
Top Bottom