Bacharch & David

Tingle3

Your starter for ten: After singing which song did Morrissey once say "Bacharach & David would have sh*t themselves to have written that"

I have a feeling it was at Meltdown in 2004 but I can't recall.
The reason I ask is that I've bought a couple of Dionne Warwick compilations and the songs are fabulous - not as interesting perhaps as Morrissey's but they're hugely catchy (der - obviously) and Dionne delivers them brilliantly. Current faves are "Trains and Boats and planes" and "Anyone who had a heart".

Tingle3 said:
Your starter for ten: After singing which song did Morrissey once say "Bacharach & David would have sh*t themselves to have written that"

I have a feeling it was at Meltdown in 2004 but I can't recall.
The reason I ask is that I've bought a couple of Dionne Warwick compilations and the songs are fabulous - not as interesting perhaps as Morrissey's but they're hugely catchy (der - obviously) and Dionne delivers them brilliantly. Current faves are "Trains and Boats and planes" and "Anyone who had a heart".

I love Bacharach & David. As for the Moz reference, I don't have a clue, but in the absence of other references, I might guess I Know It's Over. My favourite Bacharach & David songs include I'll Never Fall In Love Again, Alfie, I Say A Little Prayer, Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head, The Look Of Love. Very nice, very nice, very nice.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom