Attn UncleSkinny re these charming men

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
Hi Peter

You mentioned you were heaading over to Dublin last weekend to see THESE CHARMING MEN. I know you have seen numerous tribute bands I was wondering how they compared. We are very proud of them in Dublin. I am in the Canaries so couldnt make the gig. Did you enjoy it??????

cossy:) :)

calling skinny

Whoops, here I am.

Yes, they were fantastic. The singer, who I understand was relatively new, was great, despite a couple of lyrical foul-ups, and I was immensely impressed by the guitarist who absolutely nailed every note. They played Smiths favourites, a couple off Quarry, and You Have Killed Me and The Youngest Was The Most Loved from ROTT. Great venue too. I would say, and this is only my opinion, they're the best I've seen.

I stayed in Dublin with Fergus and his wonderful family, who went out of their way to make me feel at home. All in all, a great weekend, and I hope to be back soon.

Bye for now,

Peter

Last edited:
glad you enjoyed it peter. The frontman Lee is relativley new his 3rd or 4th gig. He has a great voice and if possible I believe he has improved the band. He took over from Ritchie who left the band and moved to the states a couple of years ago . Gavin the guitarist you mentioned is a good buddy of mine and a guitar wizard. He nails it every time A massive Johnny Marr fan as well as a big Moz enthusiast

I knew you had probably seen some of the UK cover bands and was interested as to know how the lads compare. I guess I got my answer

For a great night out of Smiths and Moz music no one can hold a candle to these guys. Glad you enjoyed it

cossy:) :)

Back
Top Bottom