Arrggghhhh Why Can I Not Get Torrents?

Seriously this has gone on for too long. I have been trying for ages to succesfully download torrents but it will not happen for me. I have used a range of programmes such as BitComet and uTorrent as places in which my downloading would take place but still nothing. I know how they work and so I have been going for items with plenty of seeders. The other day I tried downloading from Smiths Torrents an after 7 hours it was still 0%!!

HELP ME, I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY DOWNLOAD TORRENTS!!

Hi PT,

a key step - at first it appears difficult but it is in fact simple - DID YOU SETUP A STATIC IP ADDRESS?

on utorrent there is a link to a very simple way to do this - step by step instruction in dos.

let me know if you did this... :)

love,
s

Seriously this has gone on for too long. I have been trying for ages to succesfully download torrents but it will not happen for me. I have used a range of programmes such as BitComet and uTorrent as places in which my downloading would take place but still nothing. I know how they work and so I have been going for items with plenty of seeders. The other day I tried downloading from Smiths Torrents an after 7 hours it was still 0%!!

HELP ME, I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO ACTUALLY DOWNLOAD TORRENTS!!

Hi PT,

a key step - at first it appears difficult but it is in fact simple - DID YOU SETUP A STATIC IP ADDRESS?

on utorrent there is a link to a very simple way to do this - step by step instruction in dos.

let me know if you did this... :)

love,
s

I'm really not sure what you mean, I know you are trying to help and I appreciate that but could you tell me how to access this link?

It has no green tick and on whatever I try to download there is no bar next to 'Downloaded' and a complete red bar next to 'Availability'.

Which firewall are you using? If you haven't already set the client to unblocked do so & if that doesn't work, try disabling it momentarily and seeing if that helps (my ZoneAlarm blocked some programs regardless of what I told it).

Last edited:
Which firewall are you using? If you haven't already set the client to unblocked do so & if that doesn't work, try disabling it momentarily and seeing if that helps (my ZoneAlarm blocked some programs regardless of what I told it).

yes... disable that firewall... mine did the same thing...
see if it works

then reconfigure the firewall... fiddle with it... see if thats whats tripping you up.

don't worry... we will nail this.

Back
Top Bottom