Arguments

What is the roster of her "gang of admirers"?
Ohhhh It's a whole sinister cabal, not to be named it's too sinister!!!!

Just a lil hint, Aubrey, I think yer on ignore 😉 :lbf:

I'd just like to report that although we find it difficult being on lh's ignore list, we are all somehow muddling through!!
Speak for yourself, sister! I’m positively shattered!

sea salt, Born to Harangue, Gregor Samsa, and Slack and wide, but I've taken Slack and wide off ignore

That's interesting. How often do they bother you? What do you have against Samsa? He's as opinionated as the worst of us, but he seems a sweet fellow overall. He's always asking to God to bless this, that, and the other person, and his position is one of hope. Born to Harangue shouldn't be a bother, as he stays quiet for long stretches. During these stretches, he makes frequent use of the dislike feature, but I see that as something to be emulated. Minimalism has its efficiency. Does it bother you getting downvotes? Personally, I don't mind it. And yet I'm meek when it comes to giving them. What anyone could possibly have against sea salt, I can't fathom. I remember Carlislebaz once wrote a whole (bad) poem against her, but then, he's Carlislebaz. sea salt is up there with Shandy for wittiest user on here.

That's interesting. How often do they bother you? What do you have against Samsa? He's as opinionated as the worst of us, but he seems a sweet fellow overall. He's always asking to God to bless this, that, and the other person, and his position is one of hope. Born to Harangue shouldn't be a bother, as he stays quiet for long stretches. During these stretches, he makes frequent use of the dislike feature, but I see that as something to be emulated. Minimalism has its efficiency. Does it bother you getting downvotes? Personally, I don't mind it. And yet I'm meek when it comes to giving them. What anyone could possibly have against sea salt, I can't fathom. I remember Carlislebaz once wrote a whole (bad) poem against her, but then, he's Carlislebaz. sea salt is up there with Shandy for wittiest user on here.
I just don't want to see adulation for rifke's put downs.

What do you have against Samsa? He's as opinionated as the worst of us, but he seems a sweet fellow overall. He's always asking to God to bless this, that, and the other person, and his position is one of hope.
You’re gonna make me weep now, Aubrey. And you know what I’m going to say now, don’t you? God bless you!

By "adulation," do you mean when people "like" or "love" a post she makes?
I think she’s referring to me having a change of heart regarding Rifke.

It's not as simple as a 'like', or a 'love' rating. It's a pattern of approving rifke putting others down.

Maybe, but it seems to me that rifke's admirers just approve of everything she says, because it's her saying it.

That's a possibility, but unless we can read their minds, we can't know their motives. But if it's the "like" feature that bothers you, doesn't putting rifke on ignore remove the likes on her posts, along with the posts themselves? It seems you really only need to ignore rifke, not the others. (I've never used the ignore feature, so I don't know).

That's a possibility, but unless we can read their minds, we can't know their motives. But if it's the "like" feature that bothers you, doesn't putting rifke on ignore remove the likes on her posts, along with the posts themselves? It seems you really only need to ignore rifke, not the others. (I've never used the ignore feature, so I don't know).
Well if I don't put the admirers on ignore, then I see their approving comments to her. I don't want to see them.

Because it seems to me, that rifke's whole raison d'être, is to put people down, so anyone who consistently approves everything she writes, must enjoy that.

And putting Neil Codling, and now Nicky Wire on pedestals, functions as a way to put everyone down who isn't Nicky, or Neil.

I think we have very different definitions of "put-down." We can't put anyone on a pedestal without implicitly putting down everyone who isn't that person?

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom