Anyone remember Geneva?

Lilac 1

Dug out some of my old Geneva discs the other day. I really liked them , "Tranquilizer" was a great song. Saw them live a few times and Andrew Montgomerys voice wa just awsome. Anyone else remember them?

I have both studio albums and quite a few of the singles.

I thought the first album was great. Temporary Wings is amazing.

The second album was a slow burner for me, not as good as the first, but a grower.

I loved 'Into The Blue' when it first came out, I think it was also on a freebie with Q or VOX magazine.
'Tranquilizer' is probably their finest moment...I still remember that 'angelic' voice.
If memory serves me well they also supported The Bluetones, who have a new album coming out soon.

Last edited:
I have the first album and all the singles from it.
Haven't heard those songs in years but I used to like them.

I loved 'Into The Blue' when it first came out, I think it was also on a freebie with Q or VOX magazine.
'Tranquilizer' is probably their finest moment...I still remember that 'angelic' voice.
If memory serves me well they also supported The Bluetones, who have a new album coming out soon.

"Into The Blue" is a really fantastic song, the guitar and vocals jut sore...i dig it out every now & again. If you've not heard Geneva i suggest you start there.

Good taste you lot x

I don't remember Geneva...but I do remember the Alamo...

The singer from Geneva used to be a journalist on the Press and Journal newspaper in Aberdeen before Geneva. Morrissey has never heard of them because he said at the Aberdeen gig he gave up trying to think of any bands from Aberdeen......I haven't heard any of their music...........

wonderful geneva..."closer to the stars"...a b-side hooked me...so often the way....unfortunaley i have recentley heard some of andrew montgomery's new work...it's sad really...it's too close to the original to be new and too dull to bother...but with a falsetto like his where could he go...?

ooh, i always loved the bass on 'into the blue'

wonderful geneva..."closer to the stars"...a b-side hooked me...so often the way....unfortunaley i have recentley heard some of andrew montgomery's new work...it's sad really...it's too close to the original to be new and too dull to bother...but with a falsetto like his where could he go...?

Does that mean that after Weather Underground, they released nothing ?

Here in France they're not very well known ... Have been lucky enough to discover them ...

no unfortunatley weather underground was their swansong...too bad really but quite honestly i don't know where else they could have gone with their sound...
by the by cyrille have you heard of a band called M ?
they're parisian i believe...quite good too...

geneva were ok, a bit samey, i saw them a couple of times in their day. the b-sides to "dollars in the heavens" are some of the best songs they had.

I used to like them, I might do a Google and see if I can find out any stuff on the net,
btw another band that I used to like Marion seem to have returned! I saw an ad for a gig the other day. They were great as well.

I used to like them, I might do a Google and see if I can find out any stuff on the net,
btw another band that I used to like Marion seem to have returned! I saw an ad for a gig the other day. They were great as well.

Where is this gig for Marion?

Fantastic, Marion are indeed back together and are gigging!

It's a bit of a rough hole, not what you'd expect from Switzerland, I put it down to it's close proximity to France.

by the by cyrille have you heard of a band called M ?
they're parisian i believe...quite good too...

This is not a band, just a singer. His full name is Matthieu Chédid.
Quita acclaimed here by critics, but I just find his music so so ...

Back
Top Bottom