Anyone know what happened to "lawnmower part " Alain Whyte??

W

Wondering

Ever since The Smiths broke up, bandmates have come and gone (and some come again) without a word.

They are supposed to look good on stage and stay far in the backround.

After all, Morrissey's view of musicians is the dehumanizing, degrading label of "lawnmower parts."

So Alain is gone. Will he return? Is he in trouble? Is he sick? Is he fired?
Did he quit? Was he mad?

We'll only have our speculations.

Morrissey was asked in a UK radio interview to talk about the band. He seemed surprised by the question. He said he felt put ont he spot. And he had little to say.

It's really f***ing silly to see Boz Boorer updating his tour diary with blah blah blah about "Jessie" and acting like no one wonders where the f*** Alain is.

I'm getting tired of the way the Morrissey camp handles things.

What makes you think that it's any of our f***in business?? I'm getting sick and tired of all you people acting like you have a "right to know". You have f*** all. Just because you buy someone's record doesn't mean you have a right to a piece of their life.

So why would anyone speak out and let us know what exactly is up with Alain? Because we - or excuse me - rather the likes of you are so well known for being an understanding and sensible crowd??? Why throw Alain to the lions like that? It's bad enough as it is.

Now stop being a twat. You have no right to know.

> Ever since The Smiths broke up, bandmates have come and gone (and some
> come again) without a word.

> They are supposed to look good on stage and stay far in the backround.

> After all, Morrissey's view of musicians is the dehumanizing, degrading
> label of "lawnmower parts."

> So Alain is gone. Will he return? Is he in trouble? Is he sick? Is he
> fired?
> Did he quit? Was he mad?

> We'll only have our speculations.

> Morrissey was asked in a UK radio interview to talk about the band. He
> seemed surprised by the question. He said he felt put ont he spot. And he
> had little to say.

> It's really f***ing silly to see Boz Boorer updating his tour diary with
> blah blah blah about "Jessie" and acting like no one wonders
> where the f*** Alain is.

> I'm getting tired of the way the Morrissey camp handles things.

Your post is too true, and I'm not sure you intended it to be... but it was absolutely hilarious!!! and very to the point loved it ;-)K

> What makes you think that it's any of our f***in business?? I'm getting
> sick and tired of all you people acting like you have a "right to
> know".

What I think is proper is for some sort statement to be issued from Morrissey's camp.

Instead, we log on to Boz's diary and he's yapping about some new guitarist in the band with NO COMMENT whatsoever that ALAIN WHYTE is GONE.

Alain Whyte has written as many songs for Morrissey as Johnny Marr.

Did I have no right to ask why the Smiths broke up? It would be as if the Smiths had replaced Johnny Marr one day and pretended we're not supposed to care or notice. They'd say, "Hey, folks, the new Smiths album is coming out soon, and Jessie the new guitarist is fitting in well, see ya on tour!" And no word whatsoever about Johnny.

It's ridiculous!

>You have f*** all. Just because you buy someone's record
> doesn't mean you have a right to a piece of their life.

Yeah, right, whatever. Morrissey's number one goal in life was to be famous.
He wanted to have fans paying attention to him. He only did 10,000 media interviews the past 6 months to get people interested in him.

But he just doesn't do things right. I still don't know why the f*** Spencer isn't in the band anymore. All we hear is, "Well, we've got so and so on the drums now."

> So why would anyone speak out and let us know what exactly is up with
> Alain?

Gee, if it's a touchy, sensitive thing going on, then they don't need
to say EXACTLY, in DETAIL, what's up. BUT THERE IS NO STATEMENT WHATSOEVER.
We're supposed to show up at the next gig and clap-clap-clap for "Jessie,"
wheoever the hell that is! And pretend we're not noticing that ALAIN WHYTE IS NOT THERE??

I happen to like Alain Whyte. And I'm worried, given Morrissey's history of not treating musicians well. Sorry, but that's the reality.

>Because we - or excuse me - rather the likes of you are so well
> known for being an understanding and sensible crowd??? Why throw Alain to
> the lions like that? It's bad enough as it is.

"Thrown to the lions"?

You say it's bad enough as it is. WHAT is bad enough as it is? Do you know something we don't?

> Now stop being a twat. You have no right to know.

I have a right as a fan to have some statement issued so I'm not sitting in the audience expecting to see Alain and seeing some unknown guitarist named Jessie standing in his spot playing ALAIN'S songs with me having no idea whatsoever why or if we'll ever see Alain ever again.

If something is wrong in Alain's life and he needs to take some time, they could delicately word a statement and that will be that, and we can offer our well-wishes.

But if Alain is fired or had a feud with dictator Morrissey and quit, then I will not sit here and let Morrissey play his old game of trying to act like he never existed.

Erm, Didn't Morrissey himself say on stage that the whole band were missing Alain and they hoped he came back "when he was ready"? It's obvious there is something wrong but they are not saying out of respect for Alain.

I don't think there is any question of Alain being sacked.

> Erm, Didn't Morrissey himself say on stage that the whole band were
> missing Alain and they hoped he came back "when he was ready"?
> It's obvious there is something wrong but they are not saying out of
> respect for Alain.

> I don't think there is any question of Alain being sacked.

Well if that's the case why doesn't someone just say that then? Why all this "How dare you for asking!" bullshit.

And sorry I don't attend every Morrissey concert on earth. Morrissey has an official web site and his guitarist does a tour diary.

It could go like this:

"Alain can't attend the upcoming gigs due to some personal matters, but will be back with the band soon."

Would that be so hard?

Unless...they don't know if he'll be back?????????????????????

So..either he's got personal stuff unrelated to Morrissey going on, or he quit and Morrissey hopes he'll return?
It's one of those two?

Mimi, just cos you designed boz's (crappy) website...

doesn't mean that you can be so self-rightous

You seem really sensitive about the issue -- and oddly protective over Alain. But I guess that's cos you know Boz.

You made some valid points, but chill out and tell Boz to post some real news to his tour diary. It's totally boring

Perhaps Boz can get someone to replace you as efficiently as he did Alain -- and let's hope your replacement knows more about JPEGS than you cos those front page images are bad... try less compression, hon.

Back
Top Bottom