Any Motorcyclists?

desmoface

Never been much of a Harley fan, but this one's got me bloody attention..

10_XL1200X_L.jpg

Anyone else out there ride??

Steve
05 ST3
00 sv6fity

Last edited by a moderator:
I burned my calf on the muffler of a two stroke once foolishly riding in shorts and flip flops up a steep canyon. I gave up my bikin' ways that day. :p

I got as far as the road test for a license - I longed for a classic British bike, like a BSA or a Triumph. In the end, I couldn't keep up with the maintenance, so I bailed.

I do warm the bitch seat in a renegade chapter of the NJ Eagles, though - one of life's great pleasures. :thumb:

That does look nice. I like that mostly all black look instead of a lot of chrome.

Oh...I ride a scooter.

I ride a Honda VFR 800i on an (almost) daily basis.
The black ones are quickest :thumb:
1999%20Honda%20VFR800%20Black.jpg

Silver ones, less so...
VFR800.jpg

Even if I had my dream garage with 10 or so bikes in it, there would be no room for a Harley
Plenty of room for a:
  • Ducati Sport 1000 - in black
  • Laverda Jota - has to be orange
  • Honda VFR750R RC30 - think Carl Fogarty, think Isle of Man
  • Ducati 916 - in red - think Carl Fogarty, think World Superbike
  • Kawasaki ZZR250 - think Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. Growl....
  • Yamaha XT660z - in 1980's Tenere colours
  • Lambretta GP 200 - think Moz in Rome
  • Suzuki GSXR 750 - old school hooligan
  • Manx Norton - think George Formy in No Limits :p
  • Triton - think 'Leather Boys'
  • BMW GS 1150 - to dream of global domination
  • 1961 Triumph TR6 Trophy - Steve McQueen in the Great Escape
  • BMW S1000RR - if they are daft enough to build a 200mph sports bike in Germany, then it's rude not to want one.
  • Even a Crayford Puma 47.5 cc - packaway folding motorcycle

But I'd struggle to go for the Harley, any Harley. If anything, I don't have room for all the clothing and 'lifestyle' that comes with it.

Dave

That's quite a list you've compiled there. I guess if I had a list, it would contain:

Honda Rc45
Honda Rc30
Honda NR750
800pxovalpistonyi6.jpg

Ducati 851
Ducati 888 spo
Among others

I did have the good fortune of owning one of the bikes on your list :)
11269512.jpg

The vfr is fantastic...The new one appears nice enough...But upon reading about it, I realized they built a BMW, LOL..Way too heavy and not enough ground clearance..

Here's me bloody ST3...complete with a bit of sound :D

I agree with your statement about the black ones, LOL.

Steve
05 st3
00 sv6fity
I ride a Honda VFR 800i on an (almost) daily basis.
The black ones are quickest :thumb:
1999%20Honda%20VFR800%20Black.jpg

Silver ones, less so...
VFR800.jpg

Even if I had my dream garage with 10 or so bikes in it, there would be no room for a Harley
Plenty of room for a:
  • Ducati Sport 1000 - in black
  • Laverda Jota - has to be orange
  • Honda VFR750R RC30 - think Carl Fogarty, think Isle of Man
  • Ducati 916 - in red - think Carl Fogarty, think World Superbike
  • Kawasaki ZZR250 - think Uma Thurman in Kill Bill. Growl....
  • Yamaha XT660z - in 1980's Tenere colours
  • Lambretta GP 200 - think Moz in Rome
  • Suzuki GSXR 750 - old school hooligan
  • Manx Norton - think George Formy in No Limits :p
  • Triton - think 'Leather Boys'
  • BMW GS 1150 - to dream of global domination
  • 1961 Triumph TR6 Trophy - Steve McQueen in the Great Escape
  • BMW S1000RR - if they are daft enough to build a 200mph sports bike in Germany, then it's rude not to want one.
  • Even a Crayford Puma 47.5 cc - packaway folding motorcycle

But I'd struggle to go for the Harley, any Harley. If anything, I don't have room for all the clothing and 'lifestyle' that comes with it.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
My garage is currently inhabited by (in various states of repair):

2x Simson 50 mopeds
1x Mz 125
1x Mz 301
1x BMW K75 (for sale if you're interested)
1x BMW R1150gs
1x Xinglin 50 scooter
1x Aerial Trike/Raleigh Wisp Frankenstein kids' cutdown job

I ride a bicycle. ;)

Last edited:
I have a Honda CBR 600 warm dry weather use only, and as we don't get any of them I think i'll be selling at easter, always had a bike around me somewhere but the lack of use this gets is heartbreaking.

I'm not a Harley fan either but if i lived over the pond with those long straight roads who knows, and that does look ace Desmo.:thumb:

The Vincent Black Lightning

It was with the introduction in 1948 of the fully race-prepared Vincent Black Lightning that Vincent emerged as the most legendary motorcycle of its time. The Black Lightning fired the imagination of motorcyclists the world over and was known as 'The World's Fastest Standard Motorcycle', a claim it could have made well into the seventies, nearly twenty years after it ceased production.

The Vincent Black Lightning was available as a custom order machine only and sold for around $1,500. Besides the absence of street equipment, a few chassis features set the Lightning apart from other street bikes. The magnesium alloy brake plates were both stiffer and lighter than standard steel plates, racing tires were mounted to light alloy rims, rear-set foot controls, a light weight solo seat and aluminum fenders all helped trim the Lightning's weight to 380 lb compared to the Shadow's 458 lb. Engine specifications varied, but were always based on selection and careful modification of standard parts along with fitting of higher performance equipment. Engine performance was rated at 70hp and the Black Lightning could reach 150 mph. Record has it that only 31 Black Lightnings were built, but in the hands of racers around the world, the Black Lightning did much to enhance the Vincent's growing performance legend.

In the summer of 1955, at a Vincent Owner's Club dinner, Phil Vincent announced that the company would not longer manufacture motorcycles. The board of Vincent had decided that the company could no longer function under the continued heavy losses and that production would cease almost immediately. Rather than abandon company tradition of uncompromised quality, it was decided to discontinue the complete range of Vincent motorcycles. The week before Christmas, 1955 the last of these ingenious machines came off the production line and was labeled "The Last." Phil Vincent promised that parts for his motorcycles would always be available. To this day, parts are made and sold worldwide by Harper Engineering, who bought the company out of receivership.

http://www.vincentmotors.com/HIS/page3.php

qsjgv6.jpg

Wow, I have some catching up to do. If I get the Hardley, it'll make 3 in me garage.

Steve

My garage is currently inhabited by (in various states of repair):

2x Simson 50 mopeds
1x Mz 125
1x Mz 301
1x BMW K75 (for sale if you're interested)
1x BMW R1150gs
1x Xinglin 50 scooter
1x Aerial Trike/Raleigh Wisp Frankenstein kids' cutdown job

I ride a bicycle. ;)

Hey there, that is a classic bike...you should get one :)

Steve

The Vincent Black Lightning

It was with the introduction in 1948 of the fully race-prepared Vincent Black Lightning that Vincent emerged as the most legendary motorcycle of its time. The Black Lightning fired the imagination of motorcyclists the world over and was known as 'The World's Fastest Standard Motorcycle', a claim it could have made well into the seventies, nearly twenty years after it ceased production.

The Vincent Black Lightning was available as a custom order machine only and sold for around $1,500. Besides the absence of street equipment, a few chassis features set the Lightning apart from other street bikes. The magnesium alloy brake plates were both stiffer and lighter than standard steel plates, racing tires were mounted to light alloy rims, rear-set foot controls, a light weight solo seat and aluminum fenders all helped trim the Lightning's weight to 380 lb compared to the Shadow's 458 lb. Engine specifications varied, but were always based on selection and careful modification of standard parts along with fitting of higher performance equipment. Engine performance was rated at 70hp and the Black Lightning could reach 150 mph. Record has it that only 31 Black Lightnings were built, but in the hands of racers around the world, the Black Lightning did much to enhance the Vincent's growing performance legend.

In the summer of 1955, at a Vincent Owner's Club dinner, Phil Vincent announced that the company would not longer manufacture motorcycles. The board of Vincent had decided that the company could no longer function under the continued heavy losses and that production would cease almost immediately. Rather than abandon company tradition of uncompromised quality, it was decided to discontinue the complete range of Vincent motorcycles. The week before Christmas, 1955 the last of these ingenious machines came off the production line and was labeled "The Last." Phil Vincent promised that parts for his motorcycles would always be available. To this day, parts are made and sold worldwide by Harper Engineering, who bought the company out of receivership.

http://www.vincentmotors.com/HIS/page3.php

qsjgv6.jpg

Why does everyone seem to talk Northern English these days?

She isn't Northern though, she's just a posh Londoner who shagged someone called mick

Back
Top Bottom