Any experts on Japanese promos?

Inox, that's a tough one. The Japanese writing is correct, but not hard to find on the internet (just go to hmv.co.jp and the tracklisting in Japanese is right there). The English font looks authentic. However, the price is wrong on your promo (it was 2500 Yen, not 3500 yen). Not sure about the record label..."Greatest Hits" was on Universal Classics and Jazz / Jamac.

Last edited:
The seller, "Jane Jones", responded with "i did not know this was a fake, i bought these in good faith myself so i will gladly grant you a refund."

The seller from my Japanese YOR promo CD-r is called "Andrew Jones"..... All his listings were removed from eBay today. Right after I posted the link to his auctions. I have the feeling my that my Japanese YOR promo CD-r might also be fake.

Take care, Marcel

The seller from my Japanese YOR promo CD-r is called "Andrew Jones"..... All his listings were removed from eBay today. Right after I posted the link to his auctions. I have the feeling my that my Japanese YOR promo CD-r might also be fake.

Take care, Marcel

Why don't you ask for a refund as well? And report it to ebay.

Hopefully, ebay / paypal can stop them from re-registering - there will come a point when they run out of email addresses, bank accounts and PO Boxes...

Dave

Japanese promos

As we already discussed the subject before, Japanese record companies hardly send out promos in CD format (only Radio stations get Promo CDs or vinyls).

I only got promo cassetts for magazine reviews.

The con 'Andrew Jones' should not be allowed to sell stuff in any internet auction sites.

Why don't you ask for a refund as well? And report it to ebay.

The transaction is longer than 45 days ago. So, I can not report it to PayPal. Anyway, now we all know to be carefull with sellers like this.

Are there other collectors that bought the Japanese YOR promo CD-r from this seller?

Take care, Marcel

Hello all,

I submitted an Ebay complaint about this seller and received an immediate refund for my Swords 2CD set. The seller, "Jane Jones", responded with "i did not know this was a fake, i bought these in good faith myself so i will gladly grant you a refund."

There was no request for the return of the item.

I think this is proof enough that all of the items are fake; I urge all of you to request a refund via Ebay.

Scott, how did you do your complaint? Through ebay or Paypal? I did a complaint through eBay 3 days ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Scott, how did you do your complaint? Through ebay or Paypal? I did a complaint through eBay 3 days ago and haven't heard anything yet.

On the listings page, underneath the item location there is a 'report item' button.

I think in the first instance you should contact the seller to see what they say.

Dave

I did my complaint via Ebay and Ms. <ahem> Jones sent me a refund within a couple of hours.

I'm sure, now that she's getting multiple such requests, perhaps she's a bit less inclined to give the money back? If you sent a strong message to her via Ebay, I strongly suspect you'll get a full refund.

Even more from the mysterious Mrs. Jones: i got a refund, but never asked for one! I bought one of the 'ITMAAP' promos, though it seemed to be risky (a two track promo with 'Shame is the Name' made no sense, but i said the same when i first heard of 'That's Entertainment' / 'Suedehead', so i gave it a try...). Today i got not the CD but a refund and a message stating:

"hello,
i am sorry ihad to give you a refund, but i sent it on monday (30.9.09) and it came back today badly damaged.
all the best"

Even more from the mysterious Mrs. Jones: i got a refund, but never asked for one! I bought one of the 'ITMAAP' promos, though it seemed to be risky (a two track promo with 'Shame is the Name' made no sense, but i said the same when i first heard of 'That's Entertainment' / 'Suedehead', so i gave it a try...). Today i got not the CD but a refund and a message stating:

"hello,
i am sorry ihad to give you a refund, but i sent it on monday (30.9.09) and it came back today badly damaged.
all the best"

I've got the same email from them, I'd actually returned the swords cd to them and already had a refund (only aftering issuing a complaint via paypal though). They must be getting so many requests they don't know their arse from their elbow. Expect them to reappear under a new user name soon (think they might avoid any Morrissey copies next time though). Scum.

"hello,
all the best"

I remember looking at this promo cd : since it was a bit too expensive for me ( around £ 35) I looked up PJLM and did not find any mention of this 2 track promo cd so opted even more not to buy it. Thanks Stephane!
Cheers Moz

I did a eBay complaint last week and didn't hear anything. Thurs I did a Paypal resolution and the money was refunded within a day. The money was rolling in for Ms. Jones for a while but hopefully with the payouts "she'll" stay out of the counterfeiting game.

Jane Jones/Andrew Jones is still active. This Japanese Ringleader promo CD-r was for sale on eBay yesterday, it was sold within a few hours. There is a picture of the real Japanese promo CD-r on Vulgar Picture/Morrissey 2006 (Thanks Flax!).

Take care, Marcel

Attachments

• capture_09052012_200105.jpg
    capture_09052012_200105.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 23
Jane Jones/Andrew Jones is still active. This Japanese Ringleader promo CD-r was for sale on eBay yesterday, it was sold within a few hours. There is a picture of the real Japanese promo CD-r on Vulgar Picture/Morrissey 2006 (Thanks Flax!).

Take care, Marcel

How funny....I saw it and seriously , seriously thought of getting it but since I have spent enough lately decided to pass. Thank God.
Cheers guys !!!
Cheers Moz

I also seriously thought about buying it, but after having to pay a small fortune to get my rusty old heap through the MOT, I decided not to buy anything for a couple of weeks - thank god!

Back
Top Bottom