Another trans discussion

what a pair of oafs. imagine being a man and cheating women out of something they've worked for for their entire lives and actually feeling proud of yourself for it
Exactly. The sense of entitlement is staggering.

Exactly. The sense of entitlement is staggering.
at least theyre happy and content in their self-realization though. that's the main thing. screw everyone else!

I
at least theyre happy and content in their self-realization though. that's the main thing. screw everyone else!
Im happy for anyone to live their lives as authentically as they can, however when that starts to impinge on the rights of others then a discussion needs to be had.

I

Im happy for anyone to live their lives as authentically as they can, however when that starts to impinge on the rights of others then a discussion needs to be had.
I'm happy for people to live their lives as makes them happy too, but I also fully advocate people staying in their f***ing lane (which is why I also don't agree with boring people jumping on this bandwagon to make themselves seem more interesting).

I also don't like that this was framed earlier as some sort of left wing / right wing issue. Julie Bindel is left wing. JK Rowling is left wing. Graham Linehan is left wing. It's not about left wing or right wing. It's about the ideological (and vaguely religious and mystical) belief that your sex can somehow be magically changed by how you feel inside. And whether children should be given life changing medical 'treatment' in the name of that ideological belief.

I didn't give you permission to upload my photo! (I'm the weight lifter by the way, not the swimmer). You'll be hearing from my lawyers.
OK Gavin, LOL

Agree with the first part of your post...but A N O T H E R disussion! Oh, nooooooo.....
To be fair it would be a pretty short discussion, two words only. Off and f***.

Are "they" and "their" the correct pronouns? Just wondering, 'cos it's getting ever so confusing.
I think they both insist we should use 'she' and 'her'. Even though we can all see that they don't look like a woman. But they both feel like a woman inside, so that's all that matters. Their soul is female!?!

I think its all very complicated and that its an individual issue for each person who changes sex.

I think gender is a myth and society constructed, blue and pink etc, and gender is not a idenity relating to the soul, its related to the body in subtle ways and also partly the mind and patterns of behaviour. Sex is a fact and is to do with the body, biological hormones and 'down stairs', Sex is either male or female but sometimes a bit more complicated. Sexuality is not a idenity, its what someone finds arrousing, and is difficult to define in almost all realtionships aka, so many divorces etc etc.

Thats all I think on the matter, as for children receving treatment, thats a matter on a individual basis and am sick of over generalising on the news and the media. Why is it our business to debate over this when its other people that we haven't met, a small number of people at that matter.

Boy George is a joke, the famous adopting more ways to recieve attention at the mercy of real people.

I watch the news and I switch off, not real life, I meet new people and take it from there.

Ive got a glass eye, and now I'm the man with the glass eye.

A girl is now a man, now they are only seen as the man who was a girl. People just feel like themselves.

Its not fair is it. Who gets the all clear?

btw I'm 24, and have been round the block a bit, I'm just tired of the pain I see in people and want to stop rumours that are useless.
No use complaining, life is complicated and often watered down to make things seem easy to understand.

:smileycat:

I think its all very complicated and that its an individual issue for each person who changes sex.

I think gender is a myth and society constructed, blue and pink etc, and gender is not a idenity relating to the soul, its related to the body in subtle ways and also partly the mind and patterns of behaviour. Sex is a fact and is to do with the body, biological hormones and 'down stairs', Sex is either male or female but sometimes a bit more complicated. Sexuality is not a idenity, its what someone finds arrousing, and is difficult to define in almost all realtionships aka, so many divorces etc etc.

Thats all I think on the matter, as for children receving treatment, thats a matter on a individual basis and am sick of over generalising on the news and the media. Why is it our business to debate over this when its other people that we haven't met, a small number of people at that matter.
Not that small. Trans is the new anorexia for teenage girls. Clinics are overwhelmed with the number of referrals. We should always have a view and comment where the safety of children is concerned.

Not that small. Trans is the new anorexia for teenage girls. Clinics are overwhelmed with the number of referrals. We should always have a view and comment where the safety of children is concerned.
Yes, but thats another very heavily sterotyped illness anorexia, and very different. I think there are some similaries between the two, but anorexia is a mental condition which is very complex indeed. Try this documentary, I watched it a few years ago, because I really didn't understand and was scared, and my brother went to the same clinic. My brother had anorexia, and went to that clinic in london, its shut down now. Its all very complicated and the anorexia was mysterious because it just came from nowhere and it was very strong. I said there are similaries because, some develop the condition because they 'adopt it', and rarely people get anorexia out of the blue, my brother didn't know what it was and I can't remember it being mentioned in our family or life before he got it.

It may be difficult to watch so don't if you wish

Yes, but thats another very heavily sterotyped illness anorexia, and very different. I think there are some similaries between the two, but anorexia is a mental condition which is very complex indeed. Try this documentary, I watched it a few years ago, because I really didn't understand and was scared, and my brother went to the same clinic. My brother had anorexia, and went to that clinic in london, its shut down now. Its all very complicated and the anorexia was mysterious because it just came from nowhere and it was very strong. I said there are similaries because, some develop the condition because they 'adopt it', and rarely people get anorexia out of the blue, my brother didn't know what it was and I can't remember it being mentioned in our family or life before he got it.

It may be difficult to watch so don't if you wish

Wasn't intending in any way to minimise or belittle anorexia - what I meant was that things like self harm, anorexia, and gender confusion can sweep round schools like wildfire with teenager copy cat behaviour. And in the rush to medicalise things like gender confusion, there is the potential for medical abuse of children.

Back
Top Bottom