Another manager discussion

MozIsGod

I don't know who that manager is. But they let Alain leave the band for that guy?... Alain is certainly adorable and the manager is anything but.... I never liked Alain's departure. I was expecting to see Alain at Morrissey's recital in Argentina.mmm.The manager seems quite unpleasant from the comments that have been made here. In addition, Gustavo M also felt the same way Alain felt about the manager. What a pity, because Alain wrote with M the best songs of Moz's solo era

I don't know much about Donnie but what I do know is that he is from Austin, Texas. IIRC, Jesse was also based in the Austin music scene back in the '90s. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they knew each other long before Morrissey -- and if so, that's likely how Donnie got the job.

I don't know much about Donnie but what I do know is that he is from Austin, Texas. IIRC, Jesse was also based in the Austin music scene back in the '90s. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they knew each other long before Morrissey -- and if so, that's likely how Donnie got the job.
He can’t walk down to his liberry. I doubt his card gets stamped very often.

Maybe.

Because Donnie was in country I've seen people speculate about a link to SER through the Cash family.

Jesse seems to have been touring & in LA for much of the 90s - this is from 1999.

sydneydruminterview.jpg

Maybe.

Because Donnie was in country I've seen people speculate about a link to SER through the Cash family.

Jesse seems to have been touring & in LA for much of the 90s - this is from 1999.

View attachment 97174
But you haven’t. Who the f*** - other than you - has time to speculate about Sam Esty f***in’ Rayner?
Get a job or a hobby, love.

Last edited:
Edit: album issues & a Johnny Cash connection from November 1999:

20231028_095157.jpg

Of his yet-untitled album project for Sire/Warner Bros, he says, "If it's gonna see the light of day, that's anybody's guess." ... he hasn't been dropped by the label, so he's being very, very cautious about how his new People and Places disc is perceived by the public and the label. People and Places, which is coming out on Watson's private label... There will be an "escape party" for the album tonight (Thursday) at Ginny's Little Longhorn, where venison sausage will be served!

Watson found himself behind bars, playing the part of a prisoner in a Johnny Cash video for "Folsom Prison Blues" from the EMI compilation album Rebels and Outlaws... our ace Chronicle photographer happened to catch Watson implementing the marketing plan for his new album.

Last edited:
Donnie might be a curse on albums - here he is in November 1999:

View attachment 97177

Have the record company wars claimed another victim? Dale Watson's none too sure himself. Of his yet-untitled album project for Sire/Warner Bros, he says, "If it's gonna see the light of day, that's anybody's guess." That album has been floating around all the execs and such, he says, but Watson hasn't heard a peep from anyone in a good long while regarding when it will be released. A large part of the reason is the merger between Sire (home to Austin's three D's -- Don Walser, Derailers, Damnations TX) and London Records, which has left a lot of artists scratching their heads about the future. Naturally, there could be other factors as well. "Maybe they didn't like it," muses Watson. Still and all, the country baritone says he hasn't been dropped by the label, so he's being very, very cautious about how his new People and Places disc is perceived by the public and the label. People and Places, which is coming out on Watson's private label (and on Continental/Rounder in Europe), is not being released, he insists. "It escaped!" is how he puts it. The album isn't indended as "competition" with his album for Sire, as it will only be available for sale at shows and on the Internet. There will be an "escape party" for the album tonight (Thursday) at Ginny's Little Longhorn, where venison sausage will be served! Watson's in town for the release partially because he decided against a European tour (Roger Wallace took his place on the bill) in favor of spending time with his family. Ironically, while waiting for the album to escape, Watson found himself behind bars, playing the part of a prisoner in a Johnny Cash video for "Folsom Prison Blues" from the EMI compilation album Rebels and Outlaws. The clip intersperses vintage footage of Cash performing with the new prison scenes, which were shot in Lee Harvey Oswald's old cell. Did that seem creepy to Watson? No, he says -- at least not until he was told that the building was also where Oswald was shot by Jack Ruby. After realizing he was standing on the spot where history went down, Watson confesses, "There were a lotta weird vibes there." He declined to pose for a photo in the classic "Oswald death stance," but our ace Chronicle photographer happened to catch Watson implementing the marketing plan for his new album.

Your posts should come with a health warning…what are you even doing at this point

I didn't bring the subject up.

The article had a Johnny Cash reference - so is kind of a connection to SER's in-laws - plus I thought the coincidence of Watson self-releasing with an album in limbo at a record company was interesting because BOT & WMTWD are unreleased.

I wasn't trying to cause a commotion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom