And when you want to Live, how do you start?

dancing sober is great!

irish dancing and those gispy serb croatian crazy folk mixes make your feet feel alive at least!

Codreanu said:
Bah! Life is for the living and the unimaginative. I regularly prefer dreaming and the company of the dead... the rest of the time I'm just agoraphobic. :confused:

life5fk.jpg

Agoraphopic and a fan of Gorey, nothing wrong with that at all!

chica said:
But surely you do some Moz dancing when alone in your room? Don't we all? :D
No. Never (what ever would my Angel think?!).

I confess, dancing bewilders me. I suffer what must be the most complete possible absence of any sense of "rhythm" -- it just does not occur to me to move or score music otherwise than in interior motion or vagrant intensities of the heart.

Let's say (it's silly, I know) you were given a paintbrush & palette and stood before a canvas. Next, an open vial of scent, jasmine, were passed quickly under your nose just as you were given the order to paint. Now, the blessed few would unthinkingly load their brushes in a "jasminely" colour and indicate with unerring brushstrokes a wild plumage of fragrance... while the rest of us would be taken aback ("Paint? PAINT WHAT?! The odour?"). Now you have some idea the way it is for me and dancing ("Move? MOVE WHAT?! In which way? Why that way rather than this?"). There is a personal deficiency, a disharmony, an absence of any passible commensurability, for me, between music and physical motion.

Moreover, I simply haven't the gift of graceful movement. Even as I am moderately-tall (height: 6' 0"), my shoe-size happens to be only 1/2 size above that of a childs' shoe! So my feet have an awkward tendency to splay outward in compensation -- it takes conscious effort to walk w/ poise, and it is easy for me to lose balance (reason #144 why my early modeling career was snuffed before it ever properly began). :(

Codreanu said:
No. Never (what ever would my Angel think?!).

I confess, dancing bewilders me. I suffer what must be the most complete possible absence of any sense of "rhythm" -- it just does not occur to me to move or score music otherwise than in interior motion or vagrant intensities of the heart.

Let's say (it's silly, I know) you were given a paintbrush & palette and stood before a canvas. Next, an open vial of scent, jasmine, were passed quickly under your nose just as you were given the order to paint. Now, the blessed few would unthinkingly load their brushes in a "jasminely" colour and indicate with unerring brushstrokes a wild plumage of fragrance... while the rest of us would be taken aback ("Paint? PAINT WHAT?! The odour?"). Now you have some idea the way it is for me and dancing ("Move? MOVE WHAT?! In which way? Why that way rather than this?"). There is a personal deficiency, a disharmony, an absence of any passible commensurability, for me, between music and physical motion.

Moreover, I simply haven't the gift of graceful movement. Even as I am moderately-tall (height: 6' 0"), my shoe-size happens to be only 1/2 size above that of a childs' shoe! So my feet have an awkward tendency to splay outward in compensation -- it takes conscious effort to walk w/ poise, and it is easy for me to lose balance (reason #144 why my early modeling career was snuffed before it ever properly began). :(

Morrissey isn't a good dancer. He's actually a fairly weird and bad dancer. Technically, that is (i suppose). But hell, I would rather watch him dance like he used to back in the eighties than watch a dozen well trained, rhythmically gifted people. He seem to have that abandon that draws you in somehow - that's how people dance when they really love the music.

Codreneau, i've never seen you dance but i'm sure you can shake with the best of them at any rate if you gave it a shot. Its really quite exhilirating, really! ;)

MrRoboto said:
Morrissey isn't a good dancer.

He's literally the best dancer I've ever seen. Unconventional, of course, but _goddamn_. I am so jealous of the way he moved in the 1980s. It was a sin.

love
math+

Back
Top Bottom