after morrissey/smiths, what is your favourite band?

If I have to pick 'one', it's The Velvet Underground + Lou Reed.

That said, The Smiths + Morrissey, The Velvet Underground + Lou Reed, R.E.M., Ludus, and The Libertines are all in the same league for me. They're the big ones.

xo, math+

Other bands I love are Radiohead, R.E.M., Interpol, The Cure, Bauhaus, Joy Division,Violent Femmes and many more.

The Femmes were genius. First-class musicians, and one of the best live bands ever. One snare, a bass, a guitar and Gordon wailing, and the walls came down.

Anaesthesine said:
The Femmes were genius. First-class musicians, and one of the best live bands ever. One snare, a bass, a guitar and Gordon wailing, and the walls came down.

you said it

Morrissey is not my fav. artist *shame*

My favorite band is Epica! :) Most of the time I'm into (heavy/gothic) metal but I love morrissey too!! :) Lots of people laugh about me because I like Morrissey/The Smiths but I don't care :D

my (a tiny bit less than Morrissey/The Smiths ;))favourite bands are Pearl Jam, Cure, Afghan Whigs (greg dulli is quite some God too!), Bruce Springsteen, Leonard Cohen. Those are my all time favourites.
(Apart from the more recent groups)

I absolutely LOVE Rufus Wainwright!!! I think he creates a brand of music that isnt being made out there. I almost have him on a level with Morrissey because their musical styles are so different and offer so many different things.

zom

zom said:
I absolutely LOVE Rufus Wainwright!!! I think he creates a brand of music that isnt being made out there. I almost have him on a level with Morrissey because their musical styles are so different and offer so many different things.

I'm with you on that one, zom. Rufus is incredible. "Genius" is something of an overused word, but it's one that fits this guy perfectly. :)

Belle & Sebastian, definitely. Butterflies in my stomach and all.

Back
Top Bottom