PETA UK (via Gloucestershire Live): "Morrissey writes to TUI demanding they stop selling trips to parks" (May 1, 2024)

20240501_112851.jpg

1_morrissey-slams-1178285.jpg

He wrote: "TUI now has the dubious distinction of being the last major travel provider in the UK to provide a financial lifeline to these watery little hellholes. Contrary to your company tagline, the animals imprisoned at marine parks do not Live Happy.
"Anyone with a thinking bone in their body – or a drop of compassion – knows that not only does captivity kill the spirit of these imprisoned, intelligent, social beings, it often kills them."

He concludes his letter by asking: “Please will you find it in your heart – or realise that your business is tainted by these venues – and stop supporting these magnificent sea animals’ suffering?”

Same:

Letter-to-Andrew-Flintham-from-Morrissey (1)-page-001.jpg

The full statement tends to surface eventually if there is one (edit: see above).
Regards,
FWD.

He is right about animal welfare. Always. But that doesn't change the fact that he has maneuvered himself more and more offside since around 2010/2011. I don't know whether he felt too safe and thought he could say anything or whether he wanted more attention, which eventually waned? He won't get out of this hole so easily. Also, the records since WPINOYB are relatively unimportant compared to his old glories. The venues are getting smaller and smaller, the cancellations more and more and the mockery from neutral listeners louder and louder. And yet there are still people here, who say it's all good and Morrissey has done nothing wrong. It's all shrill, far too shrill. I miss the old, simple double denim days, lyrics that reach me and hit singles - no flares!

Wonder if this activity was initiated by M's new manager, to remind the world of his animal rights credentials, and therefore lessen the focus on his political blunderings? If so, crafty!

Wonder if this activity was initiated by M's new manager, to remind the world of his animal rights credentials, and therefore lessen the focus on his political blunderings? If so, crafty!
He’s done this multiple times, it won’t be anything to do with his management (which I think people are making too big of a deal out of anyway - what exactly is there for a manager to manage with regard to Morrissey in 2024? He won’t perform live, he won’t release any music, he won’t do any interviews … he’s off out getting pissed and joyriding up Slack Alley or whatever that country lane was called)

Last edited:

I do think that is what is happening in light of his raised profile due to the re-released records. They are trying to capitalize on his animal rights positions - if he can just refrain from making any statements comparing the dolphins to your grandmother trapped in a pool swimming in circles forever, that would be good. It puts people off the message.

He should also be putting his band back together for the upcoming two shows - any word on the members?

I do think that is what is happening in light of his raised profile due to the re-released records. They are trying to capitalize on his animal rights positions - if he can just refrain from making any statements comparing the dolphins to your grandmother trapped in a pool swimming in circles forever, that would be good. It puts people off the message.

He should also be putting his band back together for the upcoming two shows - any word on the members?
Depends if your grandmother is an aquatic animal or not. I had suspicions about mine. Something very fishy about her. [insert minge joke here]

If you want to get worked up about aquariums because Morrissey does, that is certainly your right, ridiculous, but your absolute right.
I find it absurd people are behaving the way they are about this, I really don't care, I know people here have some sort of need to do everything he does and think everything he thinks because they are empty inside, vacant. I am not one of those people. I don't think my post is childish, it's accurate, a lot of you are like cult members. He is just a washed up pop star whose work I really enjoyed at certain points in his career, I don't see the need to worship him, it's creepy.
There is nothing more stupid than a contradiction. If you lost interest in the singer why come to the singer's fan site? His position is as stupid as his theory that lovingly adopted dogs and cats are in captivity. It seems to me that in captivity his brain is embittered... If we are from "Brother Steven's" sect, we are his sheep, what he says is an order to us

Everyday I check here for some actual news....Starting to hate all sea mammals.

Can someone write a letter to save these sea monkeys? They may look happy, but they aren't.

s-l1600.jpg

I used to always ask my mother if I could have sea monkeys because I thought they looked just like that.
Didn't they? ;-) I always wanted some but the provincial town, the United Forces forgot to bomb down, had nothing to offer (like that). Always thought it was a UK or US thing! Import only.

Didn't they? ;-) I always wanted some but the provincial town, the United Forces forgot to bomb down, had nothing to offer (like that). Always thought it was a UK or US thing! Import only.
I never got any :( so I don't know if they looked like that

Everyday I check here for some actual news....Starting to hate all sea mammals.

Just the mammals? I'm not fond of any of that underwater living stuff...and I include seaweed and coral as well. For me, it'll be better when the sea warms up. I may even go for a plodge then.

Haven't PETA siphoned all of his dough yet? They still need him around?

It makes me sad that he seems unable to do something for animals unless they ask. Looks like you really can obtain anything from Morrissey if you suck up to him. (-Which reminds me: Morrissey, you're so young and relevant, can I have a pony?)

Save a couple of orcas, sure, why not, but when you could do so much, why do little?

One can't support standing up for the innocent defenceless enough, yet correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Morrissey just sign with new "management" yet again? No sign of any release date for an album recorded over four years ago and no release date for the OTHER album recorded since then. Perhaps if a dolphin was his manager Morrissey might actually accomplish something

No statement on Gaza? For such a big lover of Israel to not mention anything is bizarre considering, you know …. all the deaths.

He's right, you know. *Most* of us humans are just awful to *most* animals. All we seem to care about is us us us us us me me me. Great to see Morrissey trying to stand up against these things. Makes me think back to when I was a child, seeing big whales in these small containers at Sea World in Florida, it puzzled me greatly.. "How is that a big enough tank? Don't they get bored?" And what's always been explained to me is that these animals are here as rescue animals. Injured in nature and brought into containment. You know... NATURES WAY. 🙄 Maybe we should just let nature be natural. Why do we always want to mess with the natural order of things? Don't we have enough? Don't we do enough? It's maddening!! We always want to stick our grubby little fingeys into everything we can.

Back
Top Bottom