Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

My 90’s top 10 (and as always one album per artist):

5. The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death

You must reeeeeeally like the sound of P. Diddy’s voice :sick:! His ad libs being all over the songs makes The Notorious B.I.G.’s discography unlistenable! And I say this as someone who owns Notorious B.I.G. albums (I bought them 20 years ago). I doubt I paid much attention at the time to Diddy’s voice being on them, but when I tried to listen back to the albums a few years ago to see if they held up, I couldn’t get past it.

IMG_2420.jpeg

As for the Fantasy remix, I listened to it last night and was enraged that P. Diddy's voice was all over it! Has anyone ever got so successful with so little talent before? He became well known for saying "yeah" and "that's right" all over the Notorious B.I.G.'s discography, then used Biggie's death to propel himself to even greater success

Last edited:
You must reeeeeeally like the sound of P. Diddy’s voice :sick:! His ad libs being all over the songs makes The Notorious B.I.G.’s discography unlistenable! And I say this as someone who owns Notorious B.I.G. albums (I bought them 20 years ago). I doubt I paid much attention at the time to Diddy’s voice being on them, but when I tried to listen back to the albums a few years ago to see if they held up, I couldn’t get past it.

View attachment 104170

I agree that Puffy’s “contributions” are a bit much, but I don’t think they ruin everything. I think Biggie’s albums are fantastic (obviously except for Born Again), with amazing beats and soundscapes, jaw-dropping lyricisms and that voice, that amazing voice being the icing on the cake. I got Life After Death a month after it was released and I’ve cherished it immensely ever since.

Back
Top Bottom