dean butterworth news

A

anonymous

just read that dean's writing, recording and touring with Donavon Frankenreiter (www.donavonf.com), does anyone know if this means he's not with morrissey anymore?

well, a 3 month Morrissey tour every two years isn't enough to pay Dean's bills. He needs other sources of income!

> just read that dean's writing, recording and touring with Donavon
> Frankenreiter (www.donavonf.com), does anyone know if this means he's not
> with morrissey anymore?

> well, a 3 month Morrissey tour every two years isn't enough to pay Dean's
> bills. He needs other sources of income!

too true. besides, it might be interesting to check out his compositional skills and see what else he could bring to the mix.

does anyone know if this means he's not
with morrissey anymore?

No, he is not.

> does anyone know if this means he's not
> with morrissey anymore?

> No, he is not.

wha....???? did he leave or did moz let him go?

> wha....???? did he leave or did moz let him go?

Morrissey did not let him go in any way. I don't know specifics, nor do I care to, but obviously the guy needs to make money, and Moz is not recording yet. This does not mean he will never work with Moz again. Who really knows?

> Morrissey did not let him go in any way. I don't know specifics, nor do I
> care to, but obviously the guy needs to make money, and Moz is not
> recording yet. This does not mean he will never work with Moz again. Who
> really knows?

hey, dont take it that way that i believe he's now joined the moz cult and is not allowed to leave because i'm not that kind of fool, but there is a difference between doing as boz would do and say "ok, i'm going back into the studio and recording my own album and sitting in with my friends and touring with my own stuff because i'm still me" and alain on the other end of the spectrum who hangs around the house waiting for moz to do something...and now Dean saying "that's it, it was nice, but i'm outta here..."

he was being paid as a touring drummer. obviously that's not going to buy him a mansion because most musicians are broke. and it makes no sense for him to hang around the house being bored if there are other things going on out there.

Well, I pretty much agree, and I also feel that it maybe a little premature to say he "Left Morrissey" permanently or otherwise. I have just put 2 + 2 together, and I am amazed no one spotted any of this info before now. I read about Dean Butterworth working on something else a while ago, but it could mean just that. I mean, how can you be a permanent band member really, when there is no record contract? And whatever happened to the live DVD of the Paris/RAH show? I just happened to think of that.

> Well, I pretty much agree, and I also feel that it maybe a little
> premature to say he "Left Morrissey" permanently or otherwise. I
> have just put 2 + 2 together, and I am amazed no one spotted any of this
> info before now.

well, how can you spot this information unless you are going over the web with a magnifying glass? most of us don't think "hmm. i wonder if Dean is working with some singer/songwriter i've never heard of before..."

i'm not being a sarcastic bitch in saying that, but its the truth. usually someone whispers the news to someone who runs a website and then that's how the word gets out. and i think a lot of us were thinking that something was still going on because there was supposed to be a tour starting in february, right? and so you imagine there was a good reason for a delay like a possible deal in the works or wanting to hold off until it was festival time and you could rack up serious cash for playing just a few shows. was the real reason it didn't happen was because they were short a drummer?

>I read about Dean Butterworth working on something else a
> while ago, but it could mean just that. I mean, how can you be a permanent
> band member really, when there is no record contract? And whatever
> happened to the live DVD of the Paris/RAH show? I just happened to think
> of that.

maybe that DVD was simply a rumor as well. because remember when boz wrote that thing a while ago, it said that moz only had contact with sanctuary a couple of times way back when and those guys were supposedly the ones who were going to release it.

> well, how can you spot this information unless you are going over the web
> with a magnifying glass? most of us don't think "hmm. i wonder if
> Dean is working with some singer/songwriter i've never heard of
> before..."

> i'm not being a sarcastic bitch in saying that, but its the truth. usually
> someone whispers the news to someone who runs a website and then that's
> how the word gets out. and i think a lot of us were thinking that
> something was still going on because there was supposed to be a tour
> starting in february, right? and so you imagine there was a good reason
> for a delay like a possible deal in the works or wanting to hold off until
> it was festival time and you could rack up serious cash for playing just a
> few shows. was the real reason it didn't happen was because they were
> short a drummer?

I wish I could answer your questions, but I do not know any other info as truth, aside from the fact that Dean is working with somebody else at the moment. And I never post rumors about stuff I don't really know about, so maybe somebody else out there has more detailed info.