Morrissey Central "A RUSH AND A PUSH AND THE MUSIC IS OURS" (April 19, 2024)

c4409c14d2e0c1a75462b212cf1845a1d9b6d4d9.jpg

Morrissey has paid the exit fee to Capitol Records in order to return both WORLD PEACE IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS and BONFIRE OF TEENAGERS albums back to him.
"It's been a long, hard, bloody war. Few would make it out alive, and … I'm no exception," he has commented.
Morrissey remains unsigned.

1B2BFCEC-20AA-4738-B5DC-F134BF1C8207.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything is hard to find, when you will not open your eyes, yes.
I am not going to go through that and check your work because you like to make claims you are unwilling to prove and then blame the other person. In any event, it has absolutely nothing to do with the other bands mentioned routinely playing 20,ooo capacity venues, except New Order, to try to compare Morrissey to the others is just a losing propostion, but of course now you say you weren't doing that. I am not responding to anymore of this trolling.

I’ve often wondered how The Smiths would have got on if they had continued.

Even if they could have found someone with Johnny's talent - it's much harder to imagine someone who could step into that dysfunctional environment and make it work. Morrissey would probably expect the new person to do everything Johnny did - that is - everything that eventually burned him out. Morrissey said he never wanted to be a solo artist but by 1987 it's hard to imagine him being anything but that.

Even if they could have found someone with Johnny's talent - it's much harder to imagine someone who could step into that dysfunctional environment and make it work. Morrissey would probably expect the new person to do everything Johnny did - that is - everything that eventually burned him out.

Morrissey said he never wanted to be a solo artist but by 1987 it's hard to imagine him being anything but that.

Yes, but it seems Morrissey wasn’t able to imagine that regardless of what outsiders might think it would have been like working with Morrissey at that time. And so, what was it really like? Do we really know? Even Johnny in those interviews seemed to be getting on with Morrissey at that time.I think it was more complicated than just blaming one person, and Johnny had the itch to work in other genres by that time anyway. It also seems the press played an important role in making the breakup happen.

Yes, but it seems Morrissey wasn’t able to imagine that regardless of what outsiders might think it would have been like working with Morrissey at that time. And so, what was it really like? Do we really know? Even Johnny in those interviews seemed to be getting on with Morrissey at that time.I think it was more complicated than just blaming one person, and Johnny had the itch to work in other genres by that time anyway. It also seems the press played an important role in making the breakup happen.

I don't recall the press playing any role in making the breakup happen. Have you anything to support your thoughts?

I don't recall the press playing any role in making the breakup happen. Have you anything to support your thoughts?

‘Despite their continued success, tensions emerged within the band. Marr was exhausted and took a break in June 1987, which he felt was negatively perceived by his bandmates. In July, he left the group because he erroneously believed an NME article titled "Smiths to Split" was planted by Morrissey.[65] The article, written by Danny Kelly, alleged that Morrissey disliked Marr working with other musicians and that Marr and Morrissey's personal relationship had reached a breaking point. Marr contacted NME to explain that he had not left the band due to personal tensions but because he wanted wider musical scope.’

The article that was the deciding factor for Johnny Marr: he left The Smiths’

‘The guitarist actually left the group in June, temporarily, leading to an infamous NME article entitled ‘The Smiths to split’, which Marr assumed had been planted by Morrissey. Reportedly, Morrissey was becoming frustrated with the guitarist’s desire to work with other musicians, whilst Marr became fed up with the singer’s inflexibility.’

‘When the long-running British music publication NME first published their story, "Smiths to Split," it was only a rumor. Yet, it was just as much of a surprise to Marr as it was for everyone else. He even believed the story had been leaked by his then-songwriting partner, via Express. But signs of a rift between Marr and Morrissey were already showing in the musical direction that each wanted their band to pursue: Morrissey held fast to his vision of classic 60s-era pop songwriting, while Marr wanted to explore more musical avenues.’

:tiphat:

Back
Top Bottom