Your favourite hairstyle of Morrissey's?

Shoe polish black :S when did Moz ever have black hair? Apart from a photoshoot in the 80s when it was auburn, I can't even think of a time he's ever dyed his hair. Am I missing something :p

I was wrong, not shoe polish black but I thought maybe he was having the grey at the top touched up. And maybe it's the light, it's like he has technicolor hair.

Morrissey.jpg

But in this photo it;s totally black, I think my mind considers these images in my "memories of the details of Morrissey file" in my brain. :D

morrissey-christmas-sweater.jpg

Ah, but TVBOM has the "I've Changed My Plea" performance in better quality than you can see anywhere else. That alone made it worth buying.

Then I shall certainly look into it. The album's cover is pretty snazzy and warm too, a nice departure from the grey/faded purple theme of 'Greatest Hits'.

That was the first Morrissey CD I purchased, and I think the album's physical colour scheme was quite a bad choice; When I hear the 'Greatest Hits' tracks, I often accidentally think of their colour, if music has such a thing, as being grey and monotone. Not bad songs, but the album's art definitely affected my listening experience (same with the original 'Southpaw Grammar' cover, for example. The Smiths always had interesting covers, which conveyed a sense of cultural mystery and stuff like that).
Weird and unimportant, I know, but alas, is that not life in a nutshell? :rolleyes:

Also, about the hair dye business - didn't he once dye his hair bright... yellow (?) when he was in school? That would be interesting to see now.

And I have to say, his (black) hair does look a bit off in that photo provided by CrystalGeezer above.

Also, about the hair dye business - didn't he once dye his hair bright... yellow (?) when he was in school? That would be interesting to see now.

I'm pretty sure there is a Smiths era photo about where he has an almost copper coloured dye job done.

I'm pretty sure there is a Smiths era photo about where he has an almost copper coloured dye job done.

Yeah, that's the one I meant - looked almost ginger, think it was '85?

I was wrong, not shoe polish black but I thought maybe he was having the grey at the top touched up. And maybe it's the light, it's like he has technicolor hair.

Morrissey.jpg

But in this photo it's totally black, I think my mind considers these images in my "memories of the details of Morrissey file" in my brain. :D

Something tells me that photo was touched up / re-coloured after it was taken - the lighting looks very strange and his hair is unusually dark. Maybe trying to match his hair with the cushions? :p

I agree with the previous post, early to mid 90s was when Morrissey's hair and sideburns were at perfection. Especially love this picture with the strands of hair falling forward.
telescope.jpg

Love this picture. Morrissey's hair and sideburns at it's best!

Back
Top Bottom