Morrissey Central "You Say That The Day Just Never Arrives" (May 20, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
better than Bowie’s version.

:cool:

i like how she doesn't say (in the video) who the original song is by. it's pretty cool. because most people these days dont do the reading very well.

I reckon you know the California Son Junior slayed that, but I reckon the California Son Senior has more trophy f***s. I reckon like the dude slayed Pamela Anderson and Cardi B, but nice one California Son Junior. Like father like son fark arse c*** tit twat bugger m8 inn nn nnnnn nnn n it.

Not a good version, but that doesn’t really matter. The important thing is that the beautiful music of Steven Patrick Morrissey still resonates for younger generations, despite the increasingly tedious campaign to discredit him for his worldview.

she has a very soothing voice,could listen to her all day,no vocal gymnastics on show,just pure and simple.bowies version was torture on every level.

Not a good version, but that doesn’t really matter. The important thing is that the beautiful music of Steven Patrick Morrissey still resonates for younger generations, despite the increasingly tedious campaign to discredit him for his worldview.

you mean with that one young person ...

Xylo is now cancelled.

Nahhhhh,la mejor version in You Arsenal =Moz, 2da Bowie , 3 no se pero she noo

she has a very soothing voice,could listen to her all day,no vocal gymnastics on show,just pure and simple.bowies version was torture on every level.

Bowie’s vocal delivery on it is tortured, a little over the top and unnecessary for the song, it works against it. Also the choice of delay and reverb is not very pleasing to the ear.

His cover of Walker’s Night Flights is also not very good.

But the real stand out from that album Black Tie White Noise and easily one of my favorite Bowie songs is

Jump They Say ....

‘The song dealt with Bowie’s feelings for his schizophrenic half-brother Terry, who had died by suicide on 16 January 1985. The lyrics tell of a man pushed to utter desperation by the pressure put on him. Bowie has also cited his own feelings about jumping into the unknown metaphysically.’

Bowie’s vocal delivery on it is tortured, a little over the top and unnecessary for the song, it works against it. Also the choice of delay and reverb is not very pleasing to the ear.

His cover of Walker’s Night Flights is also not very good.

But the real stand out from that album Black Tie White Noise and easily one of my favorite Bowie songs is

Jump They Say ....

‘The song dealt with Bowie’s feelings for his schizophrenic half-brother Terry, who had died by suicide on 16 January 1985. The lyrics tell of a man pushed to utter desperation by the pressure put on him. Bowie has also cited his own feelings about jumping into the unknown metaphysically.’

At Jim Jim Falls...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom