Who is "Mrs. Robinson"?

• Thread starter Girl Least Likely To
  • Start date
G

Girl Least Likely To

I know everyone is very confused about this and is asking themselves this question aswell. But really, I want to know how many of you think that it really is Morrissey. I am very confused and dont know what to believe, I have heard so many different stories! Can someone please fill me in on whats been going on around here! It would be very helpful! Thanks in advance. Love to all the Morrissey Solo.com chatters!

Girl Least Likely To:)

> I know everyone is very confused about this and is asking¿ themselves this question aswell. But really, I want to know how¿ many of you think that it really is Morrissey. I am very¿ confused and dont know what to believe, I have heard so many¿ different stories! Can someone please fill me in on whats been¿ going on around here! It would be very helpful! Thanks in¿ advance. Love to all the Morrissey Solo.com chatters!¿ Girl Least Likely To:)

I definitely don't think Mrs. Robinson is Morrissey and I think it's a bit laughable that anyone actually thinks it was.

The only thing that would make one raise an eyebrow is supposedly he couldn't spell worth a sh1t - Meet me at the cemetry gates.

Then again half the population can't spell so...

Anyway when I was in there last night someone, Valentine D, was saying that it was him and that she wrote down on paper everything he said. Heh. So I guess you would have to ask her what convinced her it was him. Maybe ask her for a transcript - Heh.

"Oh look what he said here, doesn't that sound like something Mozzy would say!"

It is so easy to imitate. All you need is a "Morrissey" sounding email address and an air that makes people feel bad for not believing. You don't have to have spelling skill. All you need is to put together all the information you find in the news section together in a believable way with a few twists of "here is what is going to happen, but we haven't announced it yet..." because people eat that crap up. Just play on their hopes and dreams.

I don't trust what any person claims. We already know that Boz and such are real people...despite their goofiness, but we know that Morrissey only exists in the land of make believe and takes on human form once every year to put on a show or record signing before disappearing off into the land of Starbucks.

If somebody on the net says they are Moz, they are lying. That's the safest assumption, anyway. You don't want to get stuck in one of those HOAXES, do you? spending money on a plane ticket to nowhere or something. Morrissey DOES exist in our three-dimensional world and people have met him, so, uh, go to one of his concerts if you want to have one of those Steven P. Morrissey experiences.

Though I remember reading about the guys from Radiohead (who are very wired). Jonny used to go into chatrooms as himself - 'hi this is jonny from radiohead' and nobody would believe him. Then he would eventually convince them that he was telling the truth, and then he would say 'No, actually this is just Steve from Ottawa and I'm sitting here with my Radiohead books'. Big joke. Then he would watch complete strangers pretend to be Colin or whoever while Colin was in the next room.¿ I know everyone is very confused about this and is asking¿ themselves this question aswell. But really, I want to know how¿ many of you think that it really is Morrissey. I am very¿ confused and dont know what to believe, I have heard so many¿ different stories! Can someone please fill me in on whats been¿ going on around here! It would be very helpful! Thanks in¿ advance. Love to all the Morrissey Solo.com chatters!¿ Girl Least Likely To:)

> If somebody on the net says they are Moz, they are lying. That's¿ the safest assumption, anyway. You don't want to get stuck in¿ one of those HOAXES, do you? spending money on a plane ticket to¿ nowhere or something.

YES!!!! EXACTLY!!!

We all know that our lives pretty much suck, but if you get sucked into something like that and you have all your hope resting in it thinking it will turn out one way and it actually doesn't, the results are quite chilling.

God, I still wonder if anyone made it to Chicago last year. I can imagine what that's like to get your plane ticket, hotel, and go to some town that doesn't have anything going for it besides bad talk shows and being stood up like that. That was one lonely plane ride home...¿Morrissey DOES exist in our¿ three-dimensional world and people have met him, so, uh, go to¿ one of his concerts if you want to have one of those Steven P.¿ Morrissey experiences.

Watch him dance across the stage singing timeless songs as body guards pick you off one by one, pummel you, and throw you outside......¿ Though I remember reading about the guys from Radiohead (who are¿ very wired). Jonny used to go into chatrooms as himself - 'hi¿ this is jonny from radiohead' and nobody would believe him. Then¿ he would eventually convince them that he was telling the truth,¿ and then he would say 'No, actually this is just Steve from¿ Ottawa and I'm sitting here with my Radiohead books'. Big joke.¿ Then he would watch complete strangers pretend to be Colin or¿ whoever while Colin was in the next room.

Yeah, even though we like to think of all fans as being dumb, some are actually quite smart and love a good practical joke.

where have you gone joe dimagio?

> Anyway when I was in there last night someone, Valentine D, was¿ saying that it was him and that she wrote down on paper¿ everything he said. Heh. So I guess you would have to ask her¿ what convinced her it was him. Maybe ask her for a transcript -¿ Heh.

I told her she should've copied & pasted the whole thing instead of taking notes, but here's an excerpt:¿> Valentine Dussaut -Mrs. Robinson -I adore you,¿>please don't apologise to me. My close friend has been¿>waiting to meet you in San Diego for ages. Do you
[Actually no I haven't.]¿>remember picking up her postcards in a music shop on¿>Melrose a few months ago? You didn't toss them into¿>the bin outside, did you?¿> Mrs. Robinson -I do Valentine Dussaut. I did not¿>toss them, that is just something people say I do. I¿>don't recall them at the moment. Did she live in San¿>Diego or a city in San Diego? San Marcos rings a bell.

I left Moz some postcards on Melrose in early June. I called the cashier later that month and asked if Moz came in and he said yes and that he gave him my postcards and "he kept them" and I was all "he chucked them?" And he said, "no he KEPT them" (although I'm sure the only garbage can was behind the desk anyway.) So ANYWAY, WHOEVER Mrs. R is he/she/it knows I'm from "san degringo" and I did go to college in San Marcos so THERE YA GO.¿ "Oh look what he said here, doesn't that sound like¿ something Mozzy would say!"

Not particularly!

Back
Top Bottom