Who Else Does Songs Like "COME BACK TO CAMDEN?"

D

Dave

No one sings like that anymore. He is a genius in a class by himself.

Re: Who Wlse Does Songs Like "COME BACK TO CAMDEN?"

It is truly a masterpiece and one of my favorites. You can really hear the wistful yearning in his voice.

Dave have you been reading my mind or summat? I was gonna post a thread saying "What the hell happened to this song?" How is it possible that he never played it live during the quarry tours?

Its just sad he does not play it live.

I love YATQ, but I think it would have been an even stronger album if Dykes, Sorry had been replaced by Symphonies and Hard to walk tall.

I just love the line:

"I burst into public bars
And I throw my weight around
And no one can even see me"

one of my favourites, maybe it to painful for Morrissey to sing live

It's so beautiful that I can barely listen to it without ending up in tears.

wonderful song, the descriptions of the slate grey sky, talkative taxi drivers,drinking tea with the taste of the thames, one of my favs.

who else could write this...'and here i am every last inch of me's yours...forevermore', and truely mean it? oh god i must lay down now!!! xx

I can't remember where I read it, but I think Morrissey soundchecked this song, but has found it too emotional to sing live.

I could be wrong, of course.

when i 1st read this i thought you were being sarcastic :straightface:
but honestly i love this song & yes i would love to hear it live if i have not already :o
unlike other users here i do not remember every song he sings when i see him, how you people do that i really dont know :confused:

the way it starts is transcendent
hearing just his voice and piano, is classic......it's probably his voice at its best

Tags
who wlse?
Back
Top Bottom