When is the new single coming out?

i thought he was playing "drive in saturday" to show where he ripped off the line "you don't like me, but you love me."

I'm not sure this is where he borrowed the line from. It might just as well be from the Miracles' "You Really Got A Hold On Me", released 11 years before Drive-In Saturday (starts with "I don't like you, but I love you").

This is the same thing that happened when he sang "Don't Make Fun of Daddy's" before it was released, and it only ended up as a B-side. I don't know why he would record "Drive-in Saturday" all of the sudden. He played it on almost all of the 2000 'iOye Esteban!" tour. Releasing it to show where he borrowed a line is a neat possibility, i think. [Like, "A Song From Under the Floorboards, "I am sick and I am dull and I am plain" /"I am angry I am ill and I'm as ugly as sin."]

He did Drive-In ONCE.

Trouble is Morrissey refuses to release to just his staunch fan base. He had the opportunity to do that during the seven year drought between 'Maladjusted" and 'You Are The Quarry." However, he chose to wait for a big label deal. He likes and demands to be courted.

As devoted as we are to him, it is actually kind of offensive. Would it kill him to take care of the fans who have taken care him (and stood by him) all these many years?

He was one of the most special relationships between performer and their audience. I wish he would give us the little scraps we ask for: i.e. a studio version B-side of 'Honey You Know Where to Find Me,' or 'I'm Playing Easy to Get.'

-Vaux
Is (was) Sanctuary a big record label? I never heard of it before You Are The Quarry. Or I'm just ignorant.

I'm assuming All You Need is Me is going to be a non-album single or ep. I'm also willing to bet that Drive-In-Saturday will be a B-side considering it's been played at several shows. He did this with Floorboards. My other question is how many songs did Alain record in this session? Or am I completely wrong and this will be a single on the upcoming album later this year or early 2008? What are your thoughts?

i think AYNIM will be a b-side on one of the singles from morrissey's new album. drive-in saturday is just a cover song from dvid bowie and i doubt bowie will allow him the copyright to do a studio version.

i think AYNIM will be a b-side on one of the singles from morrissey's new album. drive-in saturday is just a cover song from dvid bowie and i doubt bowie will allow him the copyright to do a studio version.
I think AYNIM will be a single because Morrissey said "This is our next single". I believe Morrissey.

I'm not to sure but I think you don't need the writers permission to cover a song if you give them a % of the money. Not too sure though.

If I'm not mistaken, songs from YATQ were played as early as 2002, so "All You Need Is Me" could quite possibly be work for a new album, much like "First Of The Gang To Die" was played nearly two years before YATQ was released. A single wouldn't necessarily do horrible in today's market, even if it was label-less. Moz could release it as both an online-only single and a 7"/CD single by himself if he wanted to, he has the means. And he'd probably make quite a few dollars on the deal. The question is, would he do such a thing?

Sanctuary is finished. They are closing up.

The only rumor I've heard is Warner Brothers, but that hasn't been heard in quite some months...

-Vaux

There was an article in saturday's Guardian about Sanctuary:
"Warner and Universal could be preparing to battle for control of Sanctuary, the troubled music group which manages Elton John and James Blunt. Sanctuary shares leapt more than 40% yesterday, adding 5p to 16.25p, as it was forced to admit to the market that it had received approaches from potrential bidders."
The full thing is here http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,2083270,00.html

There's no mention of Morrissey in the article :(

Back
Top Bottom