Whats your best ever Morrissey gig???????

Bradford last year. It was the first gig where I got up front.
The Albert Hall was OK but I was up in the roof.
The next time I see him I'm getting on stage!

I thought Blackburn was better than Bradford. The first night in Dublin was special (the only time I've ever flown somewhere to see him) and Hartlepool 1999 holds fond memories.

> Bradford last year. It was the first gig where I got up front.
> The Albert Hall was OK but I was up in the roof.
> The next time I see him I'm getting on stage!

Santa Monica Civic Center 1991

The fans were berserk-- general admission seating-- and I got to the front for the last half of the show. The band played out of their minds and Morrissey was in top form. Even for that tour it was exceptional; no performer in the world could have generated more intensity in a crowd. Completely electrifying.

Re: Blackburn1991

Friday 26th July 1991 King Georges Hall.
Me first Morrissey gig (& the last time I saw him was at the same venue last year).
I danced my legs down to the knees, I've still got the scruffy t-shirt I bought that night from one of the cheapo venders outside the gig. I'm still a big Jam fan (from me punk days) & when Morrissey sang (his rendition of) 'That's Entertainment' I think I nearly came, 'cept for I was singing Wellers version whilst Morrissey sang his own! I'd had a few beers too as I'd come ;o) on the coach so no driving! I was high as a kite for the next few days.
viva 2004
Grim O'Grady

mozfly.gif

Aston Villa 95 when Moz wore that 50s Villa top

Wembley 91 was very very special for a 15 year old Punchdrunk and I do believe there was something in the air that night.

Leicester 91 was great "last of the famous" was amazing that night,grabbing Sir Moz leaving the venue and grabbing the stage door sign was fun.

Gotta say Brum lasy year was good as well.

Worst was watching Moz in agony supporting Bowie 95.

Friday 26th July 1991 King Georges Hall.
> Me first Morrissey gig (& the last time I saw him was at the same
> venue last year).
> I danced my legs down to the knees, I've still got the scruffy t-shirt I
> bought that night from one of the cheapo venders outside the gig. I'm
> still a big Jam fan (from me punk days) & when Morrissey sang (his
> rendition of) 'That's Entertainment' I think I nearly came, 'cept for I
> was singing Wellers version whilst Morrissey sang his own! I'd had a few
> beers too as I'd come ;o) on the coach so no driving! I was high as a kite
> for the next few days.
> viva 2004
> Grim O'Grady

The smiths Newport centre 1986 !

Morrissey solo st davids hall Cardiff 1995

It is absolutely impossible for me to single out one specific gig, its like choosing your favourite Morrissey song.

The first time I saw Morrisey was on the Boxers tour at the Sheffield City Hall, I got the fright of my life when a drag queen came on and introduced him.

The second time was on the Maladjusted tour, when he played in Chester ????? Northgate something or other, it was a good venue, just a bit of a bizarre place as I don't recall him playing many dates in the UK at that specific time, the other one was somewhere in London.

Rock City, Nottingham, not before time I can tell you. Where were all these Morrissey fans in Nottingham when I needed them.

Bradford, last UK tour, I was very fortunate to get tickets for this one, as I was completely and utterley skint at the time. The timing couldn't have been worse, but a familty connection in Bradford scored me free tickets. Bit of a suprise choice initially, but the venue was really something and being in the presence of the main man again, well words can not describe.

I think the best one I've seen was 10/26/97 at the Bridges Auditorium in Claremont, CA. It's the only time in his solo career that he's played The Queen Is Dead and I was absolutely ecstatic.

Re:Best ever Morrissey gig!

Mine has to be my first one, Sheffield City Hall 95, It was special because i didn`t have a ticket but my mate who was with me(who sadly died recently)told me that some 15 years or so prior he got in a side door, third double doors on the left to see(don`t laugh) Elton John. What he said was pull the left door and push the right one , it only f***in worked, we shot in the stall doors while a doorman was shouting get here you bastards, with that we was shot into the middle of the crowd, i wanted to get on the stage be i was sure that f***in doorman would be waiting to nab me and my mate.I`ll never forget my buddy(Byron Beal)for getting me in to that superb gig.R.I.P.my fiend.

Back
Top Bottom