What's the best live version of Everyday Is Like Sunday?

> I like the acoustic version, from 2002

Probably the Craig Kilborn performance

> Probably the Craig Kilborn performance

Thats the one, although I have a bootleg, Copenhagen I think, which also has an acoustic version.

1992, from the "Higher Education" bootleg (my one REAL bootleg!)

Its very twangy.

Incidentally, I really did NOT like that 2002 TOur version with the banjo. Ugh.

2004's was pretty good, with the "Subways TRain" intro... good stuff.

But honestly - this is one of the songs I don't think they ever did justice to live. It always seemed lacking either vocally or musically.
Any thoughts?

> But honestly - this is one of the songs I don't think they ever did
> justice to live. It always seemed lacking either vocally or musically.
> Any thoughts?

The version with the Subway Train intro that he played on tour last year was fantastic. An inspired choice of an opener for the song and it showcased his lovely, lovely voice before the music kicked in.
It is true that the layered nature of the song makes it difficult to play and sing live, but to be fair, Morrissey could recite his songs as poetry without any music and i'd still pay to see him.

There's a great version in the extras that come after the concert footage in Who Put the 'M' in Manchester.
While we're on the subject of best live versions, I wanted to let everyone know that the best live version of Suedehead that I have ever heard was from his SNL appearance back in '93. It popped up the other day when I had my iPOD on random. I was like damn where'd this come from. Didn't even know I had it.

Back
Top Bottom