What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

(I don't want to spoil the fun, but 'kreeft' = Dutch for 'lobster'. I did spoil your fun? Sorry. Thought I had to mention it ;))

No, you've just reminded me of this, from Rich Hall's Roadside America website:

Gibsonton, Florida was famous as a Sideshow Wintering town, home to Percilla the Monkey girl, the Anatomical Wonder, and the late Lobster Boy, who was murdered. The Siamese twin Hilton sisters ran a fruit stand here. It's got the only post office with a counter for midgets. Aside from the agreeable winter climate, Gibsonton offered unique circus zoning laws that allowed residents to keep elephants and circus trailers on their front lawns. :D

Well, I read Anne Rice's "The Witching Hour", which I quite liked, though didn't love, then went on to the next book in the series, "Lasher", which I loathed. Then, against my better judgement, perhaps, I continued on into the third book in the series, "Taltos". I stopped in the middle of that one, when I discovered that I hated all of the main characters. The one major character who I liked was killed off near the beginning of the book. ***SPOILER ALERT*** The 13-year-old girl getting impregnated by her adult cousin's 48-year-old husband, and the cousin's approving of it, was the last straw for me on that one.

Today, I just got a book called "Nazi Women", which comes highly recommended. I'm not sure when I'll start it, though...I have a lot of schoolwork to do.:(

TN_Google_for_Dummies.JPG

(thanks to simonmoz..)

:D

What I'm reading at the moment is too embarrassing to reveal in such cultured society :) . However once I'm finished I was thinking of reading "White Teeth", anyone read it? It got a lot of hype a few years back.

I've started reading the Harry Potter books again.. And I read most of what I can find by a norwegian author called Jens Björneboe.. Anyone who've heard about him? He's genial..:)

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and Without Conscience by Robert D. Hare.

The former is about the insane (hehe) the latter is about psychopaths.

i'm a very lazy reader, at the moment i'm finishing off 'The Rik Mayall: bigger than hitler better than christ'. it's taken months, it isn't like war and peace but close!
Rik Mayall is a british comedian/actor.

i'm a very lazy reader, at the moment i'm finishing off 'The Rik Mayall: bigger than hitler better than christ'. it's taken months, it isn't like war and peace but close!
Rik Mayall is a british comedian/actor.
~known to most americans only as 'Rick' from The Young Ones
unless they were the other person along with me that saw
nose.jpg

Drop Dead Fred
which, i really only saw cuz Phoebe Cates was in it

then there is the brilliant, but unknown here, Bottom
vlcsnap-1168288.jpg

though i still find it almost hard to believe to the man left?(with the doll)
could write a book
:eek:

Last edited:
well robby it is written like a scene out of bottom or the young ones. its a "autobiography" account of his career.

the rain was lashing down and i looked a lot like clint. in fact a lot of people walking past me said, "het bloke, yoy llok a lot like Clint, only better"
"thank's complete strangers", i said, and carried on my way muscularily.
"excuse me sir", said another one.
"Yes non-entity" "are you going to be Rik MAyall, international light entertainment leviathan?"
"no", i said.
"get away".
"don't talk to me like that"
"no i meant 'get away' as in you are going to Rik Mayall",
"no, i'm not. i'm going to be The Rik Mayall and much more besides".
"blimey bloody crikey, can i have your autograph?"
"not yet -i am only a partially formed foetus of a comedy legend. give me a chance".
"thanks anyway".

What I'm reading at the moment is too embarrassing to reveal in such cultured society :) . However once I'm finished I was thinking of reading "White Teeth", anyone read it? It got a lot of hype a few years back.

Yep, I've read it. I've read all her books, I particularly liked her book 'On Beauty' - perhaphs because it deals with the academic world. I think Zadie Smith is a fantastic writer. Currently I am reading Rushing To Paradise by JG Ballard.

^^Thanks, I'll give it a try then. I really like books about immigrants, especially to Britian. I liked Hanif Kureishi's The Buddha of Suburbia as a teenager, though I'm less impressed with it now.

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom