What song are you listening to?

dazzak

Simple. Post the name of the song you are listening to at the moment you're typing and what you think about it (the second part is optional).

I Don't Know What It Is - Rufus Wainwright

The most important line in this song, for me, is "Here I am on a train going God knows where to". It encapsulates the main idea in the song of being lost in life. Searching for something or someone you may never find, but not worrying that you'll never find them. Just hoping.

Late Night, Maudlin Street

im not capable of thinking right now! stuck at home with the flu.. but im listening to Maudlin Street cus its nice and sloow and it doesn't make my headache any worse..

Your Arsenal

in the middle of listening to Seasick, yet still docked - what a beautiful song.
Good choice on Rufus Wainwright Dazzak - have you purchased Want two yet - another majestic album

JIM

What difference does it make? (from little charmers bootleg)

I love the line "but I'd still leap in front of a flying bullet for you", and "your prejudice won't keep you warm tonight" always makes me smile. :cool:
I'm always thinking how innocent Moz sounds when saying "I'm still fond of you..."

Last edited:
Springheeledjim84 said:
in the middle of listening to Seasick, yet still docked - what a beautiful song.
Good choice on Rufus Wainwright Dazzak - have you purchased Want two yet - another majestic album

JIM
I managed to obtain everything by him (non-album stuff, Black Sessions etc) a few months ago with a little help from a friend across the water. He is, in my opinion, one of the greatest poets of our time. It's a shame all that's focused on is his voice.

Joanna Newsom----"Sprout And The Bean"
Quirky, delightful, ethereal, weird, spooky, haunting, bewitching, original, beautiful, sensuous.
Yeah...I like it!

Hepziah said:
They building walls around us - Moneybrother

that song was on every playlist i made during the summer 2005! didnt know moneybrother had made their way to germany!

Elton Motello - "Get The Guy"

I posted his other song, "Jet Boy Jet Girl" on the old board some time ago.
Lots of Bowie references in this song. Just a 'cool' power-pop number. Not the best song on this album.

A co-worker actually had this album on CD, I'm allowed to borrow it for one day to copy it because it's so precious to him.
I can ask for anything and I'm sure he owns it.

It's good to have a friend who's music collection I'd consider extremely decadent.

Freya said:
that song was on every playlist i made during the summer 2005! didnt know moneybrother had made their way to germany!

Moneybrother is quite big in germany. He has toured a lot, I've seen him many times live. I Mean, he's not Michael Jackson :) , but many people know him!

Rufus

Thanks Dazzak - you are kindness in itself :)

Mucho appreciated.
JIM

Rufus is definitely one of my all-time favourite singer songwriters, he gets better with each album. Why doesn't he sell more records, goddammit?!? I despair.

Right now, I'm listening to Ko-Ko Joe by Jerry Reed, and am enjoying the twangy guitar very muchly.

"I Love Wok & Roll" by The Spunks

That just ended. Now it's....."Too Cold For You" by Sahara Hotnights

............and I felt so good while making you sad
'cause you look so good when you are sad
and we always knew that I was too cold for you................

MrRoboto said:
Buzzcocks -- Nostalgia

i can't wait to see them this summer!

hear them, yes.
see them, ugh...have you seen the state of pete shelley recently??!!! :p

Back
Top Bottom