what made you frown today?

why does it have to be so f***ing cold in here all the damn time?!

since there's nothing to do I thought 'ill watch a movie on the criterion channel!". but for some reason I cant sign into the criterion channel and it's proving 50 times more frustrating today than it would on any other day. so im just here listening to this guy eat chips grotesquely. why does the criterion channel have to be so f***ing stupid??!?!

I'm going to release my version of 'panic' soon...Moz has had long enough to get in touch...and he hasn't, so I'm off to BMG with it.

You were lucky to have loo roll to clean it up with :(
im in a hostel. cant run out of loo roll. at least I HOPE we cant. :paranoid: nah, we cant. it's that cheap paper thin scratchy stuff that nobody wants. and if we do then ill steal some from the bathroom at work.

I like the term 'loo roll' by the way! im using it now.

I hope you get some loo roll soon pep pep! if not cut up some old sheets (and put them in a bin like they do in Greece)! :lbf:

im in a hostel. cant run out of loo roll. at least I HOPE we cant. :paranoid: nah, we cant. it's that cheap paper thin scratchy stuff that nobody wants. and if we do then ill steal some from the bathroom at work.

I like the term 'loo roll' by the way! im using it now.

I hope you get some loo roll soon pep pep! if not cut up some old sheets (and put them in a bin like they do in Greece)! :lbf:
Actually, I'm okay for loo roll but could do with some tinned tomatoes. They seem to be the Holy Grail at Tesco, along with pasta and eggs. They are now being rationed to three tins per person per shop. Last week I ordered two tins and got one. Who is eating all these bloody tomatoes, that's what I'd like to know. Old sheets?? That's just weird. When I was little, if we ran out, we would sometimes use torn up strips of newspaper. :oops: I think it harked back to the wartime (and beyond) when people must have done that routinely. These days nobody's buying physical newspapers which makes that more difficult. Much harder to wipe your arse with your iPad. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm okay for loo roll but could do with some tinned tomatoes. They seem to be the Holy Grail at Tesco, along with pasta and eggs. They are now being rationed to three tins per person per shop. Last week I ordered two tins and got one. Who is eating all these bloody tomatoes, that's what I'd like to know. Old sheets?? That's just weird. When I was little, if we ran out, we would sometimes use torn up strips of newspaper. :oops: I think it harked back to the wartime (and beyond) when people must have done that routinely. These days nobody's buying physical newspapers which makes that more difficult. Much harder to wipe your arse with your iPad. :rolleyes:
:lbf:

don't call my ideas weird, pep! old sheets is a way better idea than newspaper, which becomes sharp when crinkled and doesn't conform to the contours of your arse. I don't see how anyone could have ever used old newspaper.

i don't even know what people do with tinned tomatoes at the best of times pep! make chili? it's so weird what people are buying.

:lbf:

don't call my ideas weird, pep! old sheets is a way better idea than newspaper, which becomes sharp when crinkled and doesn't conform to the contours of your arse. I don't see how anyone could have ever used old newspaper.

i don't even know what people do with tinned tomatoes at the best of times pep! make chili? it's so weird what people are buying.
Yes, then there was the issue of the newsprint rubbing off. It really wasn't great, I must admit.
Oh, I am the Queen of Tinned Tomatoes! I use them A LOT because there are so many things I can't eat, and I need to cook stuff that everyone else will eat. Things I Make With Tinned Tomatoes include: chilli con carne; curry; chicken casserole with rosemary; bolognese; meatballs in tomato sauce. As you can see, they are fairly indispensable. I start to panic when my stocks get below 3 tins.

Yes, then there was the issue of the newsprint rubbing off. It really wasn't great, I must admit.
Oh, I am the Queen of Tinned Tomatoes! I use them A LOT because there are so many things I can't eat, and I need to cook stuff that everyone else will eat. Things I Make With Tinned Tomatoes include: chilli con carne; curry; chicken casserole with rosemary; bolognese; meatballs in tomato sauce. As you can see, they are fairly indispensable. I start to panic when my stocks get below 3 tins.
oh I see! well now I know! you should write a letter to the newspaper explaining how tinned tomatoes are one of the only things you can cook with and imploring people to keep their paws off the tinned tomatoes when they see them at the store or to drop them off on your doorstep (don't touch them for a day or two). I would send you some if only they weren't so damned heavy!

the things ive been buying is bags and bags of cookies. peanut butter cookies, shortbread cookies, ginger cookies, Chinese chews. I don't know what is wrong with me, I cant get enough cooooookkkkiiiiieees

and it shows :oops:

oh I see! well now I know! you should write a letter to the newspaper explaining how tinned tomatoes are one of the only things you can cook with and imploring people to keep their paws off the tinned tomatoes when they see them at the store or to drop them off on your doorstep (don't touch them for a day or two). I would send you some if only they weren't so damned heavy!

the things ive been buying is bags and bags of cookies. peanut butter cookies, shortbread cookies, ginger cookies, Chinese chews. I don't know what is wrong with me, I cant get enough cooooookkkkiiiiieees

and it shows :oops:

It's the stress, I'm certain of it. We are all being tested in weird ways right now. I keep having to explain to my 86-year-old mother how to type emojis in emails because she keeps forgetting. And my 18-year-old's idea of 'lockdown' was shutting himself in his room with multiple beers and doing several lines of ketamine. f***ing idiot.
To overcome the stress (and boredom) I have bought Monopoly on eBay. In my mind, this will foster jolly evenings filled with raucous laughter around the dining table. I do fear, however, that it might cause another Christmas Punch-Up. My eldest has always been a terrible loser.

It's the stress, I'm certain of it. We are all being tested in weird ways right now. I keep having to explain to my 86-year-old mother how to type emojis in emails because she keeps forgetting. And my 18-year-old's idea of 'lockdown' was shutting himself in his room with multiple beers and doing several lines of ketamine. f***ing idiot.
To overcome the stress (and boredom) I have bought Monopoly on eBay. In my mind, this will foster jolly evenings filled with raucous laughter around the dining table. I do fear, however, that it might cause another Christmas Punch-Up. My eldest has always been a terrible loser.
I love monopoly! im so up for being on lockdown with you pep!!
oh dear whats a "Christmas punch up" entail and would such a thing really arise from losing at monopoly?
well, anyway, I think that's a brilliant idea. I hope you get your jolly evenings filled with raucous laughter. im sorry that you have to be even more stressed at this time. hows the writing going, by the way?

I love monopoly! im so up for being on lockdown with you pep!!
oh dear whats a "Christmas punch up" entail and would such a thing really arise from losing at monopoly?
well, anyway, I think that's a brilliant idea. I hope you get your jolly evenings filled with raucous laughter. im sorry that you have to be even more stressed at this time. hows the writing going, by the way?
Yay! I love Monopoly too! We could have cookies and gin and tonics! Well, you could. I could have dark chocolate, I guess.
Wait, do they have a Canadian Monopoly, with your own street names etc? Or is it the original London one you play? These days there's a Monopoly for just about every eventuality. There will probably be a Coronavirus edition (Go to Hospital. Go straight to Hospital. Do not pass Tescos. Do not collect tinned tomatoes).
Two Christmases ago, my kids had an actual, proper punch-up (like a bunch of pikeys) and the TV got smashed. Actually smashed, with a big crack across the screen. And yes, my two sons can argue about pretty much anything if they're in the mood.
I'm finding it hard to apply my brain to writing at this peculiarly stressful time. I made it to 20k words a couple of weeks ago, and I've done a few paras since but not much. I need to give myself a stiff talking to, I think. How about you? Oooh, been meaning to mention, Jericho Writers is doing a free 14-day trial to help people who are stuck in self-isolation. Link here: https://members.jerichowriters.com/..._contact_key=ecba7f96d13206d31ed112bd31a7c3a9
It gives you access to all sorts of info, videos, workshops etc. Def worth it (normally costs about £200 per year). But if you're interested, I would grab it now because I don't think the offer will be up there for much longer.

Last edited:
Yay! I love Monopoly too! We could have cookies and gin and tonics! Well, you could. I could have dark chocolate, I guess.
Wait, do they have a Canadian Monopoly, with your own street names etc? Or is it the original London one you play? These days there's a Monopoly for just about every eventuality. There will probably be a Coronavirus edition (Go to Hospital. Go straight to Hospital. Do not pass Tescos. Do not collect tinned tomatoes).
Two Christmases ago, my kids had an actual, proper punch-up (like a bunch of pikeys) and the TV got smashed. Actually smashed, with a big crack across the screen. And yes, my two sons can argue about pretty much anything if they're in the mood.
grab it now because I don't think the offer will be up there for much longer.
thanks for the link, pep! I actually already saw that in my email and thought "ooh..." and then forgot about it :oops:
I have the next two days free and was planning to use it to write but I don't know that im much in the mood for writing. the thing is trying not to get too depressed stuck in this stuffy dim little room. first im gonna read some, and then maybe ill try to write a bit. but all I can think about is how I wish I bought those shortbread cookies!!!

oh my gosh, pep pep, and I thought Christmas dramas at my house were bad!!! were they punished severely?! is yours the type of family where everyone gives everyone else the silent treatment for days afterward and everything is really awkward because of the irrevocable implications of EVERYTHING and only through great contrivances do you manage to start communicating again (like mine) or do you all just wake up the next day and everything is hunky dory and all is forgotten? did they at least pay for a new television?

alright! Monopoly night at peps house!!! :rock: oh they do have Canadian versions of the game too but im familiar with the traditional London one. the Canadian versions probably have maple scented money. I don't think I want to play the coronavirus edition--sounds depressing! and I definitely do not want to trying my luck with the community chest.

Back
Top Bottom