What does everyone think of the ROTT tour setlist?

E

elle

I think it's okay...but I'm a little upset Suedehead has gone missing from the setlist. I just think yet again there are too many new tracks a b sides. I'm still so excited to see him though! I'm seeing him on bank holiday at ally pally so i hope something classic will be thrown into the mix

i agree

i feel as though it has too many B Sides, and he is still running YATQ tracks. I wish he would play some Bona Drag tracks, or some Your Arsenal tracks. Imagine 'Ouija Board' sung live now in 2006?

i have to wait until he comes to the states...Could be a little different by then

> I think it's okay...but I'm a little upset Suedehead has gone missing from
> the setlist. I just think yet again there are too many new tracks a b
> sides. I'm still so excited to see him though! I'm seeing him on bank
> holiday at ally pally so i hope something classic will be thrown into the
> mix

I agree with totally you but he's rather brave considering he could so easily put on a singles/most well known setlist thus play it safe, which he's never ever done in his whole career. I saw him in Leeds and i had hoped he'd drop say 1 or 2 of the current setlist tracks esp 'let me kiss you'. We all have our favourite songs we wanna hear but anyway no matter what the setlist he's always amazing to watch. Try not to concentrate on what he doesn't play and just have a good night, it's an occasion as well as a gig when you go see Moz.

Have a good night, enjoy & take care.

> I agree with totally you but he's rather brave considering he could so
> easily put on a singles/most well known setlist thus play it safe, which
> he's never ever done in his whole career. I saw him in Leeds and i had
> hoped he'd drop say 1 or 2 of the current setlist tracks esp 'let me kiss
> you'. We all have our favourite songs we wanna hear but anyway no matter
> what the setlist he's always amazing to watch. Try not to concentrate on
> what he doesn't play and just have a good night, it's an occasion as well
> as a gig when you go see Moz.

> Have a good night, enjoy & take care.

you totally*

Thought i'd best correct myself, as i know we have a crack team of English teachers monitoring posts and didn't want the board rubber hurled my way.

different Nikolais for different girls...

> mix

I'd rate it "OK," but for very different reasons.

The current set features what is probably The Smiths' most famous song, along with two fan favorites. I prefer Morrissey when he's not afraid to risk alienating some people.

My ideal set for this tour would be 1/3 Ringleader material, some long neglected songs from the solo catalogue (like "Seasick"; "Nobody Loves Us"; "Maladjusted") and -- at most -- one rare Smiths song. I'd *much* rather have "Well I Wonder" or a pounding "Death of a Disco Dancer" in place of, say, "Girlfriend in a Coma"

> mix

Well, I notice the kind people of Canadians aren't as upset about his boycott anymore. hahaha I do hope the genocidal Milosevic-mourning maniacs of Serbia and the genocidal Kurdish-opressing thugs of Turkey enjoy him though.

Nah...I think it's a decent setlist. Lots of terrific songs, old and new. Not sure why he chose the three weakest songs from the new album - "Boy Happy," "Born" "Far Off Places" - over much stronger choices. Although they might be better live? Or just easier to play/sing?

> Well, I notice the kind people of Canadians* aren't as upset about his
> boycott anymore. hahaha I do hope the genocidal Milosevic-mourning maniacs
> of Serbia and the genocidal Kurdish-opressing thugs of Turkey enjoy him
> though.

*Kind people of Canada, I meant

It's fine, but not spectacular.
Ideal would be:
6 ROTT songs
2 YATQ
4-5 1988-1997 songs
4 Smiths songs
1-2 cover or b-side

> It's fine, but not spectacular.
> Ideal would be:
> 6 ROTT songs
> 2 YATQ
> 4-5 1988-1997 songs
> 4 Smiths songs
> 1-2 cover or b-side

I dont want any covers at all as I really dont see the point. Its like Moz doing karaoke but with songs that most people have never heard of. I agree with the rest though but the 2 quarry songs should be varied a little. IBEH and FOTGTD have been played in almost every concert for the last 3 tours. I too was gutted when Suedehead was dropped after two concerts

> I dont want any covers at all as I really dont see the point. Its like Moz
> doing karaoke but with songs that most people have never heard of.

Eh????

a couple minor changes would make it much stronger

just keeping Suedehead in there would be nice - and I'm not even the world's biggest fan of that one, but like EDILS, its classic Morrissey.

and maybe somehting off Arsenal or Vauxhall instead of My Life is an Endless Succession......... and I LIKE that song, but it didn't really work live, at least at the one show I've seen.

He coulkd throw in a "Jeane" or "Wonderful Woman"

That would make things interesting.

Re: Why this setlist fetish all of the sudden?

Who gets their "jollies" from a concert setlish?

Keep in mind...

...how setlists change as the tour goes on.

If you look at the setlists from the beginning of the Quarry tour and then look at them from the end, you can see how superior the latter is.

Morrissey's tours always start off a bit rocky and improve as they go on.

Unfortunately for the Brits, that means the Americans may get the better show in the end. But whatever, the setlist hardly dictates the level of enjoyment.

Just a thought.

Re: Why this setlist fetish all of the sudden?

> Who gets their "jollies" from a concert setlish?

ME.
I love seeing what Moz plays at each show, wishing I could be there, waiting for a recording of the show, hoping it sounds great.
Seeing any performance is an event, a luxury, and a treat, but being there the first time he does a particular track is an awesome special occasion.
I'm an incredible Moz geek, and that's how I like it. And I definitely get a good amount of jollies from setlists.

Tulsa was great...then the changes made were mistakes

> mix

There were songs i would like to go (YATQ songs), but instead of parting with them, he parted with songs such as Suedehead. there are like 4-5 songs i would like to be dropped, but so far those songs keep on sticking around and good songs get replaced by wither other good songs, or by worse songs.

I'm in the US...so hoping things will change by the time he comes here. IBEH as encore?...hopefully only in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom