What do you want Morrissey to focus on in 2013?

What would like Morrissey to focus on in 2013?

• Total voters

Maurice E

It goes without saying that Morrissey could get a new album into the shops. What’s stopping him is that he doesn’t believe the offers he receives are generous enough for the quality of his songs, and his status in the music industry (fair enough), but the fact that he could now record and release an album is indisputable.
It’s something all his 80s indie peers are doing (Heaton, Cole, Gedge, Bragg etc). It’s something Johnny Marr is doing - it’s something that even his own guitarist (M Boorer) has managed to do. So, knowing this, what would you like him to focus on in 2013?

Last edited:
I'd like to see the autobiography released, but that's looking distant. An album of brilliant new songs would be good, but I doubt there will be one if he's already got it written and the "highlights" are the dross that we've heard already.

Obviously I'd like for him to record and release his new songs, but if he's not going to do that on his own terms, I think the very least he could do is start performing more of them live on this tour. After all, he himself said that he doesn't think the songs will ever exist outside of fan-shot videos on YouTube. He might as well give us more of them.

I want the Autobiography in early spring then a great summer album then a fantastic world tour late summer to early winter.

I have no issues with his current band..But.....I really like the Solomon Bros. I think together they were a awesome. I miss Mikey on the Keys and Trumpet and Guitar. He's a class act. In my heart of hearts, I would get a single, creative guitarist to replace both Boz and Jesse...no disrespect to them. They're accomplished musicians. But too many people on stage. I think a stellar guitarist along with Mikey + Solomons.......perfect. Years of Refusal stands out because of the rhythm section

I want nothing FROM Morrissey. A far better poll would have been about what we can GIVE to Moz, as a thank you for all he has given us. My vote would have been to give roses at his concerts, because that is what he has asked for. He doesn't want much.

John T Baptist

I want nothing FROM Morrissey. A far better poll would have been about what we can GIVE to Moz, as a thank you for all he has given us. My vote would have been to give roses at his concerts, because that is what he has asked for. He doesn't want much.

John T Baptist

Clearly, you are one of the fools from the other site. We have given Morrissey more money than he can imagine, so forget about anything else. He chose this path, so he needs to step up his game or get off the field.

We have given Morrissey more money than he can imagine, so forget about anything else. He chose this path, so he needs to step up his game or get off the field.

Dont be silly! no amount of money could ever be paid 2 morrissey for all he has kindly gave us!
What he has done 4 us is absolutely priceless !!!

But I voted for "other" as the option I wanted isnt there!!!

Id like morrissey 2 still tour in 2013 - but ONLY tour in uk! (sorry I know thats a bit greedy but hes toured the USA 4 long enough now! we want morrissey back in the UK!)
But he MUST keep kristteen young on tour wiv him ! THAT IS A MASSIVE MUST!!!!
I refuse 2 go 2 any more concerts if kristeens not there 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well ok we would still go, but It just wouldent be the same exerience without kristeen!
Theres just somthing magical and utterly charming about her! :)

And shes not 2 bad live in concert either !!!!!!!!! In fact wonderfull - she really is! :)

Best news of all tho would be that kristeen anounces a UK tour and has morrissey as support act!

Oh and id also like morrissey 2 release his new up and coming CD album with EVERY single track being a duet with kristeen young !
We can but hope and wish about that! but ya never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

John T Baptist

I totally agree, it is time for us all to give something back and I really love the idea of roses. Think not what your Mozza can do for you, but what you can do for your Mozza!

Claire (with an 'I')

What about an option: 'Pay No Attention To A Pointless Poll Conducted By A Website That Hates Him'...?

Hire Butch Vig as producer. Moz was on the right track with Finn from YATQ. Even Moz has said that he needs direction in the studio.

Voted "other" because I didn't think reuniting with Marr fit the "Replace (or add to) his songwriting team, and record/release 12 better songs" category :D

I'd like to see the autobiography released, but that's looking distant.

Do you really think IF there is an autobiography that it will contain anything that we don't already know?
He's going to tell us jack shit that we don't know about or that he doesn't want his mam to know about!

I'd like to see the autobiography released, but that's looking distant. An album of brilliant new songs would be good, but I doubt there will be one if he's already got it written and the "highlights" are the dross that we've heard already.

Couldn't agree more.

I watched Studio In Session last night on a huge flatscreen, great sound, REALLY wanted to give those songs another chance (haven't played them in quite some time.)

But alas...still meh.

Do you really think IF there is an autobiography that it will contain anything that we don't already know?
He's going to tell us jack shit that we don't know about or that he doesn't want his mam to know about!

Yeah, but it's still going to be an engaging read and more eloquently written than anything presently gracing the New York Times Best-Seller list.

Couldn't agree more.

I watched Studio In Session last night on a huge flatscreen, great sound, REALLY wanted to give those songs another chance (haven't played them in quite some time.)

But alas...still meh.

Still think the Janice Long versions are the ( thus far) superior ones. As for the poll , I'd like Morrissey to continue the world tour ( unsurprisingly as I have tickets for next Friday) but throw in some unheard tracks ( where in god's name is "Art-Hounds" !) and fit in some recording during his down-time. U2 managed to knock out the album "Zooropa" in between gaps in the touring schedule ...

Voted for the 4th option but with "add to the current lineup" in mind rather than ditching members.
Open the song submissions up to more collaborators. That may be a difficult proposition as they'd probably want to play their own compositions on the album (see what happened with Alain) but I think if Morrissey officially announced the next album as his last and "may the best demos win" we'd see a marked leap in musical quality.

And I still think a return to the Street production of the late 80s, with the gravitas of Morrissey 2013, would be excellent.

Back
Top Bottom