What do Morrissey's songs look like?

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
Do any of you have synesthesia?

If so, what do Morrissey's songs look like to you?
How do they differ from other artists' songs in that way, if at all?

your the one for me fatty

flexible_fatty.jpg

The Last of the Famous International Playboys

ron3.jpg

Jack the Ripper always created a very dark, yet posh and elegant art deco imagery in my head.

485px-Oakland_Art_Deco_California.jpg

490689.JPG

1930064055.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

... Kay...

Not quite what I was looking for, but... interesting.

*nods*

*strokes goatee*

Not really Whitechapel though is it? But very nice!

I just had this feeling that it was more modern than that. But not entirely contemporary. And I also have a hotel bar in my mind. Where Jack the Ripper (aka Morrissey) is looking for his victim.... :o

Interesting question. I used to have something similar to synaesthesia when growing up, in that certain sounds would cause visual hallucinations. But I never saw colours or shapes, it was more like I was on drugs and things would move that weren't supposed to, like paintings, walls, statues etc. Not a nice thing for a kid to experience. Unfortunately, by the time I'd gotten into Moz, that little quirk had disappeared.
If I were to visualise Morrissey's music though it would have a sense of urgency about it. The Smiths always conjured up either people sprinting wildly around the countryside, grey days by the seaside or scenes far removed from my life, like battlefields. Sometimes I'd visualise a Pied Piper like figure being followed into water ... but that's just me imagining Morrissey metaphorically drowning his fans. However, if the Smiths were a colour, they'd be blue.

Alone, Morrissey has always been more about cities and people. When I hear a Morrissey song I see a person taking in the sights and sounds of the city, whilst alternately avoiding, or embracing it's citizens. Saying Morrissey sounds grey or silver, seems like I'm saying he sounds boring, but that colour sums up the city for me (metallic, cold, but beautiful to observe). It also sums up his world; nothing is black or white, life is endless shades of grey.

I just had this feeling that it was more modern than that. But not entirely contemporary. And I also have a hotel bar in my mind. Where Jack the Ripper (aka Morrissey) is looking for his victim.... :o

That's not synesthesia; that's a sexual fantasy! XD

(One that I'm not unfamiliar with. ;D)

That's not synesthesia; that's a sexual fantasy! XD

(One that I'm not unfamiliar with. ;D)

Well, sorry! :mad: You asked me what his songs looked like, and I had this imagery in my head. *sulks*

Well, sorry! :mad: You asked me what his songs looked like, and I had this imagery in my head. *sulks*

Oh! I'm just joking around with you! D: Don't get huffy! I was kidding. D:

*big hug*

Honestly!

D:

Back
Top Bottom