Wembley

manuel

in 1991 there were standing tickets. In 1995 with Bowie there weren't. How do you think it will be this time?

m.

I have tickets to see New Order later this month at Wembley and had the choice of standing or seating. Naturally I chose standing.
For the Bowie dates it was probably that Bowie's fans were so old and decrepit that they were incapable of standing......

The Goat

I have tickets to see New Order later this month at Wembley and had the choice of standing or seating. Naturally I chose standing.
The Goat

Me too! haha, see you there as well then.

I also think it would be standing and seating.

But you know, there may be another reason for this as well... for all seating I mean. Perhaps some artists don't want to take any chances for accidents among fans. When people sit, it's automatically more orderly, you also don't have to queue, which matters a lot, especially if it's winter. Granted, it's really frustrating when you are trying to get the best seats, but there is a logic behind it.
I've seen shows from both points, and it's a really hard decision which I prefer - and I even saw two shows in a row at Wembley, first night was standing and second night was sitting! Standing is awesome as there's that added dimention to the show, being among fans and all, and the music "feels" completely different... but it's also tremendous stress... will I be stopped by any security dickhead before I reach the stage, how many more people are at other entrances... etc etc...
Sitting is different, much more relaxed, but it puts a damper on things when people around you sit down and you think "what the hell are you doing people?". And if you keep standing, you are blocking the view of people behind you. But your seat is guaranteed, and if you get one of the first rows on the bottom close to the stage, you will have an excellent view.
It's a tough choice. But I really like Europe for the standing shows, because of ticket prices, mostly. Much more fair.

Football matches in England are shite because of all seated stadiums. Seated concerts are the same.
Give people the choice.
Seats are for bums.

The Goat:D

Havent been there since I saw Moz in 91 but it was crap. Could only get seated tickets but the seats were floor level behind those standing I think. Couldnt see a bloody thing anyway, even standing on my chair - that much I do remember. My first Moz gig as well. Luckily none have been that bad since.

the whole point of gigs is to see the band you love doing what they do best and to absorb all the feeling, emotion and atmosphere! you CANT do that sitting down!! anybody wanting a seated ticked should automatically be confined to an old persons home... no matter how young they are!

the whole point of gigs is to see the band you love doing what they do best and to absorb all the feeling, emotion and atmosphere! you CANT do that sitting down!! anybody wanting a seated ticked should automatically be confined to an old persons home... no matter how young they are!

I totally know where you are coming from here, but I disagree to an extent. There may be people who go to Morrissey gigs just for some entertainment. They may not love Morrissey as much as ourselves, but enjoy listening to his music and prefer to sit down and enjoy the experience, whereas most of the diehard Moz fans will be standing, absorbing the atmosphere and relishing the experience.

Yes, I have to agree with First. Some people just aren't into getting physically involved at a show.

i really hope it's a mix so i can get standing tickets. the gig always seems to have a much better atmosphere when it's got some standing and it annoys me that so many of the tickets for the first few rows end up on eBay when it's all seated and so it ends up that the people down the front are the ones with the most money and not nessaccarily the biggest morrissey fans. not everyone can afford to pay the riduculous prices those front row tickets go for on eBay :mad:

Back
Top Bottom