UN report - "The world must act on North Korea rights abuse"

D

DAVIE

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26220304

The UN said that the world had cried out "If only we knew of these stories earlier" after all the Nazi revelations and stories were uncovered to the world. Well here it is, the stories are uncovered here and now about North Korea, but no action has been taken.

I don't think the North Korea government are as bad as the Nazis. I think they are WORSE than the Nazis. How that country continues to threat nuclear war on the world and murder and torture it's own people in their concentration camps and nobody intervenes is beyond me. Yes, they aren't a threat to the world. But how can we stand by and watch humanity die by a f***ing tyrant and his merry men?

We are witnessing mass slaughter of humanity. It's here and it's now.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26220304

The UN said that the world had cried out "If only we knew of these stories earlier" after all the Nazi revelations and stories were uncovered to the world. Well here it is, the stories are uncovered here and now about North Korea, but no action has been taken.

I don't think the North Korea government are as bad as the Nazis. I think they are WORSE than the Nazis. How that country continues to threat nuclear war on the world and murder and torture it's own people in their concentration camps and nobody intervenes is beyond me. Yes, they aren't a threat to the world. But how can we stand by and watch humanity die by a f***ing tyrant and his merry men?

Agree Davie. North Korea is an affront to reason and humanity and all things right and good. Feel lucky every day to not have had the cosmic misfortune to have been born within its borders.

Agree Davie. North Korea is an affront to reason and humanity and all things right and good. Feel lucky every day to not have had the cosmic misfortune to have been born within its borders.

Same here. It's a shame North Korea doesn't have a lot of oil or natural resources. We'd be in there like a heartbeat if they did! But empty threats to the world or marching puppets won't do the trick unfortunately.

Same here. It's a shame North Korea doesn't have a lot of oil or natural resources. We'd be in there like a heartbeat if they did! But empty threats to the world or marching puppets won't do the trick unfortunately.

I think you hit the nail on the head. You sound like an interventionist like me. :)

A drone, some bombs...we could take out that tyrant in a few seconds. But I don't believe things would change as another tyrant would take his place the next day with identical views. We should just try and give the political prisoners a chance to escape to South Korea by blowing up their fences and gates.

There's no money to be made from it Davie so nothing will be done. EVERYTHING that the West does is for money, if it doesn't pay to take humanitarian measures then they won't be taken, if it pays to have a War over f*** all that will keep us rich then that's what will be done. Never kid yourself that we do anything for the right reasons.

Something must be done though. Looks like America are trying to rescue Kenneth Bae from the North Korean camps. I don't know if the man will last long in there. Many people get shot, starved or worked to death very quickly. He will have to keep his head low for the next couple of months, if he indeed survives as I'm sure he's been tortured a dozen times already.

Another question: Are China really so stupid to be sending fleeing North Koreans back to their country? Do they really think these people who escape the country will be welcomed back to North Korea without torture or even death? Why don't they simply just send them elsewhere or let them simply flee China and brush their existence under the carpet? I hope the UN report at least opens their eyes a little wider.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/18/china-rejects-un-report-north-korea-crimes-humanity

My question was pretty much answered today by China

When asked about China's policy of sending North Korean defectors back to their home country, where they're routinely judged political criminals and sent to camps, she said: "These people are not refugees. We term them illegal North Korean migrants," adding that China deals with them "in accordance with international and domestic laws and the humanitarian principles".

They must be blind as well as deaf! Why don't they realise the "illegal North Koreans" will be put to death as soon as they are returned? Bloody idiots! I don't even believe North Korea has much to trade with China, so why are China defending them? Why get involved?
The world should just stand up, stick two fingers to China and drag Kim Jong-un by his knees to make him stand trial! North Korea has nothing to do with China! They are separate country and should be accountable on their own without any allies.

What China does Davie is prop up shonky non democratic nations around the world. China sees the DPRK as an annoying little brother. They don't want a regime change. If there were to be a regime change it could lead to hundreds of thousands of Korean coming into China. The problem there is that these North Korean's have been living in one of the most backward countries. They will never find employment of any nature. They will become a huge burden on China. Also China likes having the DPRK act as a buffer zone between it and South Korea. Without having the DPRK there, American South Korea's great ally would be right up on it's border. Listening and watching. Russia who shares a 17 km border isn't too worried about what happens in the DPRK. As long as China and Russia can keep selling weapons to the North Korean's then they are happy.

As for the weapons of the DPRK. What they have is from the 1940's and 1950's. As for nulear warheads. It hasn't been proven that they have developed these yet. What is happening in the DPRK is horrible beyond belief, but at least it is contained within it's own borders. The Nazis spread their evil all over Europe.

What China does Davie is prop up shonky non democratic nations around the world. China sees the DPRK as an annoying little brother. They don't want a regime change. If there were to be a regime change it could lead to hundreds of thousands of Korean coming into China. The problem there is that these North Korean's have been living in one of the most backward countries. They will never find employment of any nature. They will become a huge burden on China. Also China likes having the DPRK act as a buffer zone between it and South Korea. Without having the DPRK there, American South Korea's great ally would be right up on it's border. Listening and watching. Russia who shares a 17 km border isn't too worried about what happens in the DPRK. As long as China and Russia can keep selling weapons to the North Korean's then they are happy.

As for the weapons of the DPRK. What they have is from the 1940's and 1950's. As for nulear warheads. It hasn't been proven that they have developed these yet. What is happening in the DPRK is horrible beyond belief, but at least it is contained within it's own borders. The Nazis spread their evil all over Europe.

Yes, I've been reading up all about this and your view is what many people share. But innocent people are literally dying right now in that country every day. I can't bare to think about it for too long as it's very depressing that not much can be done. People are literally insects in North Korea.

Found this today. They go undercover in North Korea. It's about as close as you will get to the country. Really interestingly and funny!

unfortunately nothing has changed from 64 years ago when China fought the "American lead" U.N. forces because they got to close to their border
at this point this means that China is "defending" a country which they no longer consider an ally
however, I have heard from Chinese people that there are other factors that lead to the situation as it is now continuing for a long time
#1 among those being that since the rest of the world does not trade with North Korea, and China does not legally trade very much
but Chinese black marketeers make a huge profits off getting anything of value out of North Korea in exchange for a small amount of goods
also, many of the best and brightest of North Korea do make it out to work here in China
as long as these factors continue near here and the warlike behavior of the USA "over there"
the nightmare which is North Korea will endure :straightface:

I just hope China is changing and will hopefully just let North Korean escapees just pass through and recognise them as refugees or simply pass them onto other countries. Thailand apparently haven't sent any North Korean refugees back there in the last couple of years. Maybe they now know what happens to these people? It is worrying that there is no other safe route to South Korea since 2007...unless they want to step on a mine or get shot!

Oh and that uploader whose video I posted above also managed to sneak someone to watch the North Korean basketball game. It's very strange as I'm sure North Korea knew it was Vice and HBO filming. It is available to watch online. It makes you think if the new dictator will relax things slightly, but then you are reminded of the political camps and what happens every single day...

unfortunately nothing has changed from 64 years ago when China fought the "American lead" U.N. forces because they got to close to their border
at this point this means that China is "defending" a country which they no longer consider an ally
however, I have heard from Chinese people that there are other factors that lead to the situation as it is now continuing for a long time
#1 among those being that since the rest of the world does not trade with North Korea, and China does not legally trade very much
but Chinese black marketeers make a huge profits off getting anything of value out of North Korea in exchange for a small amount of goods
also, many of the best and brightest of North Korea do make it out to work here in China
as long as these factors continue near here and the warlike behavior of the USA "over there"
the nightmare which is North Korea will endure :straightface:
Hi Robby, I think you can add to the mix that China may not want a virtual US satellite at their border.

I think if the two Koreas are ever allowed to unite its a given that U.S. troops must leave Korea :o
Hi Robby, I think the idea of an agreed upon and peaceful reunion is so remote that to start imagining any preconditions is a tad fanciful.

Hi Robby, I think the idea of an agreed upon and peaceful reunion is so remote that to start imagining any preconditions is a tad fanciful.
well, the first step would always be a withdrawal of our troops, something unlikely to happen now that South Korea has agreed to pay(in large part) for them being there :straightface:
which is a shame, because were we not there, this matter would be resolved quickly, the North Koreans would attack South Korea and China would be forced to act
and I am positive it would not be in support of the North Korea, people here all hate North Korea, any talk about Korea always comes back to the USA having troops right on China's doorstep
something the USA would never stand for, the double standard of the situation only further heightens tensions here and plays into evil regime's like North Korea's hands

well, the first step would always be a withdrawal of our troops, something unlikely to happen now that South Korea has agreed to pay(in large part) for them being there :straightface:
which is a shame, because were we not there, this matter would be resolved quickly, the North Koreans would attack South Korea and China would be forced to act
and I am positive it would not be in support of the North Korea, people here all hate North Korea, any talk about Korea always comes back to the USA having troops right on China's doorstep
something the USA would never stand for, the double standard of the situation only further heightens tensions here and plays into evil regime's like North Korea's hands
Sigh! It really is so f***ing tragic.
International politics and powerplay all paid for in misery by ordinary people who just want to live without fear or want.

Back
Top Bottom