Morrissey Central "THERE IS A DIFFERENT MOOD ALL OVER THE WORLD" (May 4, 2020)

A366147D-B3AF-49E5-A344-259C807ACDFF_wearyl.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Another informative post from Morrissey Central.

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me...

Look everyone! ME!!!

Another informative post from Morrissey Central.

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me...

Look everyone! ME!!!
Why does there seem to be so many haters of Morrissey who frequent this site? So much Moz bashing. I couldn’t imagine wasting so much time at a site devoted to someone I hated.

two girls least likely to

wear face masks.

Mood of hope? rebellion?

Why does there seem to be so many haters of Morrissey who frequent this site? So much Moz bashing. I couldn’t imagine wasting so much time at a site devoted to someone I hated.

Because we remember a man who used to speak with gravity and wisdom. A voice of a forgotten generation, reduced to a voice we’d rather forget.

Like the man himself, the nephew run website is embarrassing.

Hey Moz, why don't you drop Munich Air Disaster and play Girl Least Likely To instead of wasting those lovely lyrics on some lousy post on your shit site?

Because we remember a man who used to speak with gravity and wisdom. A voice of a forgotten generation, reduced to a voice we’d rather forget.

Like the man himself, the nephew run website is embarrassing.
Well clearly you need to work on forgetting him because whatever you're doing, it isn't working.

Last edited:
It's a question which has been asked countless times. For most it is because they don't like what Moz has become but they are totally obsessed by him and find it impossible to let go. There are some mindless idiots as well, obviously - but that's just the world we live in.

is this on the set of land of the giants,thats a huge golf ball in the background,all we need is the safety pin used as a grappling hook.

It's because Morrissey had the most extraordinary emotional and psychological impact on so many young(ish) people back in the 1980s and 90s and if someone has that impact on you in your more formative years then it's insanely hard to just...let go. So instead of simply stopping buying the new records and going to the new shoes, these people take out their frustrations on a site like this.

(I'm not having a go, I'm unable to move on myself, despite finding some of his utterances and apparent beliefs completely at odds with my own!)

Exactly right.

The mood of Everyday Being Like Sunday.

And yet still no one buying it!!
Only sycophants like you.
The only people Morrissey is interested in during the worst crisis the world has ever faced.
Promoting himself through it all.
Vile.

It's because Morrissey had the most extraordinary emotional and psychological impact on so many young(ish) people back in the 1980s and 90s and if someone has that impact on you in your more formative years then it's insanely hard to just...let go. So instead of simply stopping buying the new records and going to the new shoes, these people take out their frustrations on a site like this.

(I'm not having a go, I'm unable to move on myself, despite finding some of his utterances and apparent beliefs completely at odds with my own!)

I didn't see him until he was in his 40s & seemed to be battling inner demons (aka a hot mess). I didn't expect anything from him except a mix of yearning & effrontery mixed up with misery & regret. He seemed quite vulnerable & wired to the moon beneath all the aggressive antics. So, my image of him hasn't been dented - I just wish he'd do himself some favours & not battle all & sundry.

It's because most of the Moz diehards have never separated Morrissey the artist from Morrissey the man. We were never meant to; diarising his life through song is what built the Moz 'cult of personality'.
Now, you've got a whole bunch of people who are totally disillusioned with the man but can't drop the artist because he's still got that fantastic singing voice & he CAN still be a great songwriter. So many 'irregular regulars' are waiting for that glimmer of greatness. The whole thing is also cyclical - how many people wrote Moz off and then came back on board after Quarry? How many came back on board after Dog? A lot.

Personally, I got off the "Moz bus" around the time of World Peace - I found it unlistenable and just thought "what the utter f*** is this?" to everything he was saying and doing. LIHS was equally awful. Then, bizarrely, I heard an off-cut like Blue Dreamer's Eyes and I'm back in. Moz is never, ever more than one great song away from being back to glory with his fans but sadly his own mouth has done a lot of damage to his career.

Also, Johnny Marr's public profile has skyrocketed in the past year - not only drawing more attention to the Smiths but to the enormous 'ghost' he has behind him. Look at ANY Marr clip and there are dozens of people commenting below to say "God, if only Moz was singing...". Even people who hate Moz. That's a hell of a legacy.

TLDR - cult of personality + he's still talented + untouchable Smiths legacy

Last edited:

I don't hate the guy. Read my post again and then look at the image above. Then browse Morrissey Central. You'll see a pattern emerging. The pattern is 'Me, me, me, me, me, me, me...'.

Only sycophants like you.
The only people Morrissey is interested in during the worst crisis the world has ever faced.
Promoting himself through it all.
Vile.

:paranoid:

I don't think he'd appreciate most of my posts if it was sycophancy he was after.

And you're on a Morrissey website during a global pandemic - is there nothing more important you could focus on?

To be honest, looking back at some of the old interviews the persona Morrissey created, I don't think he's really changed all that much. He's gotten more bitter (I miss the "hope at the end of the tunnel" that used to permeate through much of his music), more detached from reality... but he's always been a frustrating narcissist. It's just that, as a teenager and a young man in the early '00s, I found his frustrating ways endearing and I thought he was a legitimate genius. One of the things I find painful in witnessing his downward spiral is realising that this man I thought was so clever isn't very clever after all and, outside of his songwriting brilliance, he never really was.

At this point, the only reason I continue to visit this website is a morbid curiosity to see what stupid thing my former hero will do next and, of course, out of habit. But I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with Dog on a Chain, the first Morrissey studio album of original material I've genuinely liked in a long time. It deserved glowing reviews, A-list radio play, and all the rest. But the "mixed" reviews and poor sales were entirely his fault, though it had nothing to do with the quality of the product.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom