Morrissey Central "THERE IS A DIFFERENT MOOD ALL OVER THE WORLD" (May 4, 2020)

A366147D-B3AF-49E5-A344-259C807ACDFF_wearyl.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Because we remember a man who used to speak with gravity and wisdom. A voice of a forgotten generation, reduced to a voice we’d rather forget.

Like the man himself, the nephew run website is embarrassing.
The website's not great, but there is nothing Morrissey has said or done that he or his fans need to be embarrassed about or apologize for. My respect for Moz has only grown in recent years.

The mporiumuk is the merch money maker. The California Son tours the USA so much and especially his home state California every 3 months, that people can just buy the merch at concerts. The mporiumuk is a god send for him, because that means he only has to tour Brittin and other foreign lands every 3 years or more and wear some "go Brittin" pin, just to keep the foreigners intrigued mate c*** twat draft wacker blood chipper curry blood northern base inn nnnn nnn nn nn nnnn nnn n it.

Glad you’re looking forward to the next time he tours to support him, and your hope to hear Girl least likely to is great way to stay positive during these times.

:thumb:
If Morrissey could cobble together an interesting setlist, I’d be happy to go see him again. I skipped the last couple tours because I think his performances have suffered over the years and he’s been playing a slight variation of the same set for far too long now. I did catch a night on Broadway, which I thought was mediocre.

If Morrissey could cobble together an interesting setlist, I’d be happy to go see him again. I skipped the last couple tours because I think his performances have suffered over the years and he’s been playing a slight variation of the same set for far too long now. I did catch a night on Broadway, which I thought was mediocre.

Yep, some like, some don’t. I enjoyed the Broadway show that I was at. Though of course it’s not the same, because I am not the same person I was just a few years ago.

But I still acknowledge the impact this person has had on my life. And I love him for that.

To be honest, looking back at some of the old interviews the persona Morrissey created, I don't think he's really changed all that much. He's gotten more bitter (I miss the "hope at the end of the tunnel" that used to permeate through much of his music), more detached from reality... but he's always been a frustrating narcissist. It's just that, as a teenager and a young man in the early '00s, I found his frustrating ways endearing and I thought he was a legitimate genius. One of the things I find painful in witnessing his downward spiral is realising that this man I thought was so clever isn't very clever after all and, outside of his songwriting brilliance, he never really was.

At this point, the only reason I continue to visit this website is a morbid curiosity to see what stupid thing my former hero will do next and, of course, out of habit. But I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with Dog on a Chain, the first Morrissey studio album of original material I've genuinely liked in a long time. It deserved glowing reviews, A-list radio play, and all the rest. But the "mixed" reviews and poor sales were entirely his fault, though it had nothing to do with the quality of the product.
maybe its you that's changed,maybe you were tolerant before but as your older maybe your not so much now.as rocky said at the end of rocky 4,if I can change and you can change then maybe we can all change.

Last edited:
maybe its you that's changed,maybe you were tolerant before but as your older maybe your not so much now.as rocky sad at the end of rocky 4,if I can change and you can change then maybe we can all change.
Any post that can invoke Rocky 4, in support of Morrissey, deserves chiselling into the white cliffs of Dover.

Banksy: take a break from your usual shite and get on the case.

Yes - and this is what makes "Rubber Ring" one of the most extraordinary songs ever written. He knew, all along, the kind of person he would become and he was helpless to stop it.

Totally agree. My initial interpretation was that it was an oude to his own musical heroes and favorite songs of his youth. But he was very conscious about his own ability to nurture exactly that same relationship between his songs and his fans. That's his greatest gift: writing songs that leave a mark. And that's why we are still here.

So Morrissey takes a different approach on HIS, let me repeat HIS (not your) website, and you guys instantaneously flock to SoLow and talk shit about him...?

What is so wrong about showing admiration to your fans? At least he shows appreciation to his fans unlike some musicians/singers...

The human race is obsolete

Amen. My pubes are going to be down to my knees by the time this lockdown is over.

He is clever. He just doesn't like the media game & is trying not to play it.

The website's not great, but there is nothing Morrissey has said or done that he or his fans need to be embarrassed about or apologize for. My respect for Moz has only grown in recent years.

Yeah - I love him more.

And I'd much rather have him on my side, never backing down & self-immolating every two minutes - than someone who will say whatever gets them the most clout in their target market & who will chuck me under a bus for likes & RTs.

It's not hate. In fairness Moz is amazingly self obsessed. I suppose the messages are just harmless fun pointing out people wearing Moz tshirts as they come out of lockdown. Moz should be using his site for insights into how he records his albums, news about band members, etc. Not this random rubbish.
He should be using his site for insights...?
If he did as you wish, he would not be himself.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom