The Smiths - BBC Sessions release?

freefour

Obvious question maybe, but I don't know the answer. What (or who) is stopping a release of the complete BBC sessions (Peel & Jensen)? In these modern times where every last mediocre demo and unissued recording of obscure bands gets the reissue treatment surely these are crying out to be released?

Re: Jensen session

Most of tracks in Hatful of Hollow are recordings from Jensen session.

Hopefully these will see the light of day soon... along with the album remasters, perhaps? Speaking of which, does anyone have any more info on those? Stephane?

But some tracks recorded for the BBC have never been officially released. And others are only available on long out-of-print releases.

Obvious question maybe, but I don't know the answer. What (or who) is stopping a release of the complete BBC sessions (Peel & Jensen)? In these modern times where every last mediocre demo and unissued recording of obscure bands gets the reissue treatment surely these are crying out to be released?

Mike Joyce's performance royalties claims (at a guess) I believe there was talk of a Smiths boxset a while ago which may have featured the complete Beeb sessions but again...

The version of Miserable Lie is so much better than the official release

Back
Top Bottom