The Smiths – Complete (remastered iTunes version)

PIVI16

The Smiths – Complete (Remastered) (iTunes Version)

Complete (Remastered) - iTunes LP

A kind person would have a link to download this The Smiths – Complete (Remastered) (iTunes Version) , thanks a lot for your help,

Best regards,

Pierre

You do know it is officially released material and available for purchase?
Yes, thank you, I know.
I already bought the studio part (remastered), I wasn't going to buy it again from i tunes just to get the bonuses, I'm just interested in the part "Live In London 1986" only if remastered ?

Last edited:
Isn't that the "Rank" show? Already mastered.

Maybe you are right, in this case I already have it, thank you.

So, The Smiths – "Complete (Remastered) (iTunes Version)" does not bring anything new ? even in terms of sound quality ?

Last edited:
@PIVI16
It would depend on whether your ears can pick out Arkwright & Marr's remastering when compared to the original versions (Marr was very proud of them / Morrissey distanced himself from the project and didn't ever comment on the new remasters).
Not too sure how much tinkering went on with Rank compared to the studio albums though.
IIRC, when compared, the original was preferred for sound, but I can't source where I read that currently.
There are lots of variants of this collection and some are seeded on torrents sites. It works out at 2.6 gb for the lot. I will post the 2011 digital FLAC of Rank later tonight for you to compare. The debate about FLAC verses Apple lossless is mildly contentious and I'd say the quality difference is too nominal to be fussed about - happy to be corrected on that.
Regards,
FWD.

@Famous when dead
For studio albums we can hear the difference, but for "Rank" I'm not so sure....
I just bought on Itunes "Your Arsenal (Definitive Master)" and the difference is really phenomenal in comparison with the old version.
Now the difference between a very good 320 kbit/s and a Apple lossless, even with a great professional Earphones, it is very, very suptile .
Again a thousand times "Merci" for " The Smiths Extra Track", since i downloaded it, I only listen to them.
Best Regards,
Pierre

I had quite a detailed conversation with Grant Showbiz about his producering work on Rank, once.

I had assumed that it was just a nice soundboard recording, but each of the mics and instruments were recorded separately by the BBC. Grant mixed it in the studio, presumably the same studio that he mixed Girlfriend in a Coma. He told me that for a lot of commercially released live albums bands would re-record parts that they weren't happy with, but everything on Rank was from that gig.

When it was broadcast by the BBC it included more songs than Rank, including quite a fancy version of How Soon Is Now. Worth a listen.

I used to live between Maida Vale, where they did their Peel Sessions and Kilburn where they recorded this. The former is a very posh neighbourhood, the latter was pretty rough. Or at least it was when I lived there; seems a bit more gentrified now.

[I had assumed that it was just a nice soundboard recording, but each of the mics and instruments were recorded separately by the BBC. Grant mixed it in the studio, presumably the same studio that he mixed Girlfriend in a Coma.]

"Girlfriend"? Isn't that credited to Stephen Street? Grant recorded the ill-fated "Work Is.." sessions at his studio.

Indeed.
Warners (aka Rhino) gives these credits for RR/WSS in the buildup to the box set:

20190814_134656.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

That's very useful, thanks. It used to be a truism that band's performances were always better when they didn't know they were being recorded for posterity!

Back
Top Bottom