Morrissey Central #The Show Must Be Paused (June 2, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
Last edited by a moderator:
It's also on his Twitter but I have no idea how to link to it. Here is a wee picture:
20200602_212535.jpg

Talk about being a dog on a chain. The already dismissive response from the far left is hilarious, and serves who ever tweeted this right.
1591122492639.jpg

Talk about being a dog on a chain. The already dismissive response from the far left is hilarious, and serves who ever tweeted this right.
1591122492639.jpg

He always gets flack. At least he's getting flack for something defensible.

Morrissey was equally supportive of the Arab Spring protests, ten years ago.

Indeed, wherever injustice is found Morrissey has recognised the cause.

Sadly, his ‘fan’ base here has repaid him by being unjust towards him.

1. The Twitter account isn't run by Morrissey.
2. Joining the side of anarchists looting and burning down businesses, attacking and murdering police officers, burning down police stations, and beating people senselessly is not defensible. In fact, it is indefensible. Moreover, joining in a vacuous hashtag being promoted by virtually every vapid celebrity is as un-Morrissey as you can get.

2. Joining the side of anarchists looting and burning down businesses, attacking and murdering police officers, burning down police stations, and beating people senselessly is not defensible. In fact, it is indefensible. Moreover, joining in a vacuous hashtag being promoted by virtually every vapid celebrity is as un-Morrissey as you can get.
See.

Poor Moz is getting hammered on Twitter.

Yeah. It's not a bad thing though. He's not tweeted anything awful & it's in line with his work - if he had to he could point to all his songs that mention police & state brutality.

"Burn down the disco."
"Shoplifters of the world unite and take over."
"He killed a policeman when he was 13 and somehow that really impressed me."
"They say to protect and to serve / But what they really mean / is get back to the ghetto."

I'd say these things are not only quite defensible, but supporting them is actually right on brand for Morrissey.

Morrissey was equally supportive of the Arab Spring protests, ten years ago.

Indeed, wherever injustice is found Morrissey has recognised the cause.

Sadly, his ‘fan’ base here has repaid him by being unjust towards him.
Because it not a genuine support. It's a vehicle he can use for free - no one needs payment from him - to sell, sell, sell, enabling him and his boyfriend Damon to shop in Harvey Nicks and give nothing to a beggar on the street. He's a calculating opportunist villain. A bad actor.

How can they think being against the police is UnMorrissey?

Even the looting isn't UnMorrissey - Shoplifters Of The World Unite.

(He's probably never heard of a hashtag though).
"Burn down the disco."
"Shoplifters of the world unite and take over."
"He killed a policeman when he was 13 and somehow that really impressed me."
"They say to protect and to serve / But what they really mean / is get back to the ghetto."

I'd say these things are not only quite defensible, but supporting them is actually right on brand for Morrissey.
I was clearly referring to joining in on this hashtag being promoted by every celebrity and large corporation. Both of you need to improve your reading comprehension. And for Verso, if you think ruining the lives of innocent people, either by burning down and or looting their businesses, and maiming or killing random people and police is defensible, then you clearly have no moral compass. As such, what you consider defensible or not is wholly irrelevant.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom