The Metro: Morrissey’s pro Black Lives Matter tweet dragged on social media (June 3, 2020)

Forgive me for not having read this back-and-forth over the last three pages, but has anyone suggested that the only thing that an IQ score truly represents is how good a person is at taking an IQ test?

"Yes, the hereditarian view lends aid and comfort to racists and nativists. But more importantly, it's just plain wrong. Specifically, it is based on the ahistorical and ethnocentric assumption of a fixed relationship between the development of certain cognitive skills and raw mental ability. In truth, the skills associated with intelligence have changed over time--and unevenly through social space--as society evolves."

Not to mention that the so-called "heretability of IQ" varies substantially by socioeconomic class? People like Travis want so badly to be given credit for having been born white, as if they possess a divine right to something despite having failed in every other endeavor.

And again, the United States initially limited immigration to “free white person of good character”. And guess what? The Irish were allowed to immigrate here.

And did you know that we used to have segregation in this country? Guess which schools the Irish kids went to: the black schools or the white schools?

Go on: guess.
I’ll give you three guesses. There are only two options but I figure that you will initially try to dodge the question so I’m giving you three.

Catholic schools.

It was a sectarian issue with a racial explanation thrown at it.

You mean not all white people are the same!

Maybe you shouldn't be a white nationalist.

Well, you are a race traitor so I see you as lower than blacks.

Yes, there is some regional variance. I’m a Celto-Latin mix. Not exactly Cadillac is whiteness but you don’t see me player hating on Nordic superiors.

Well, you are a race traitor so I see you as lower than blacks.

Yes, there is some regional variance. I’m a Celtics-Latin mix. Not exactly Cadillac is whiteness but you don’t see me player hating on Nordic superiors.

I'll take that as a compliment.

We should be respectful to FWD & end this thread.

None of the racist hot air has anything to do with Morrissey.

Morrissey supports BLM as a cause.

The last, what...70 pages of this thread were born out of 2 or 3 people losing their minds over Morrissey supporting BLM. Let it be known now and forevermore.

?! None has anything to do with Morrissey except his support of a particular cause? o_O If this is the exception that proves the rule then Morrissey's cause is a headache and I suggest he take an aspirin along with everyone else who has read Nerak's arguments on this forum and end this thread.

Forgive me for not having read this back-and-forth over the last three pages, but has anyone suggested that the only thing that an IQ score truly represents is how good a person is at taking an IQ test?

"Yes, the hereditarian view lends aid and comfort to racists and nativists. But more importantly, it's just plain wrong. Specifically, it is based on the ahistorical and ethnocentric assumption of a fixed relationship between the development of certain cognitive skills and raw mental ability. In truth, the skills associated with intelligence have changed over time--and unevenly through social space--as society evolves."

Not to mention that the so-called "heretability of IQ" varies substantially by socioeconomic class? People like Travis want so badly to be given credit for having been born white, as if they possess a divine right to something despite having failed in every other endeavor.

? ?
flunked the test,hugh?:ROFLMAO:

OK, an idiot above who I normally don't engage with said a few things that resemble an argument:

"Has anyone suggested that the only thing that an IQ score truly represents is how good a person is at taking an IQ test? "

If they did, they would be a moron.
IQ is one the best predictors of life outcomes. There is some evidence to show that blacks, whites, and Hispanics of the same IQ will generally make within a couple thousand dollars of each other per year. Racial disparities in income can be explained by certain groups producing highly intelligent people at different rates.

1593618912822.png

So IQ definitely measures something more than just the ability to take an IQ test. And what is life anyway if not a series of tests?

"Yes, the hereditarian view lends aid and comfort to racists and nativists."

More armchair psychology. Not an argument.

"But more importantly, it's just plain wrong."

Not an argument.

"Specifically, it is based on the ahistorical and ethnocentric assumption of a fixed relationship between the development of certain cognitive skills and raw mental ability. In truth, the skills associated with intelligence have changed over time--and unevenly through social space--as society evolves."

OK, there's a lot to unpack here.

First of all, even if true, that would not be an argument for racial equality.
Secondly, that is based on a few ahistorical assumptions of its own. It assumes that everyone is good at something, that maybe blacks are just as intelligent as whites but in a different way. Which is something you have no reason to believe to be true. Some people are just plain dumb all around.
There are finite kinds of intelligence that will allow you to thrive and prosper in an advanced Western society like the one we live in and IQ test measure those kinds of intelligence. Are there other kinds of intelligence that IQ tests don't measure? Sure. Someone could be dumb as a box of rocks and a be musical genius. Or a gifted salesman. I've known such people. But our society doesn't need and couldn't support 20 million Beethovens. And with online commerce, we will probably need fewer salesman in the future, not more (more on that in a bit).

For clarification: my contention has never been that whites are the best at everything. I don't need to believe that my family is the best family in the world to stand up for my family. You stand up for your family because it's YOUR family. My contention from the beginning has been that the races are not the same.
So if you wanna take the line that "blacks are just as intelligent as whites but in a different way", well, even if that were true (which it's not) that would actually back up my contention that the races are not the same.

That brings us to...
Third, it assumes that maybe just maybe society will evolve in such a way that will become more advantage to blacks, that the kinds of hitherto undiscovered latent talents that blacks have will eventually come into high demand (we're stacking assumptions on top of assumptions here).
That is highly, HIGHLY unlikely.
Automation is just around the corner and pretty soon all the low-skilled work will be being done by robots. The only jobs that will be left will be ones that will require you to have high intelligence in the kinds of things that IQ measures and a few jobs for extreme creative types.

OK, what else have we got here....

"Not to mention that the so-called "heretability of IQ" varies substantially by socioeconomic class?"

Can be explained by regression to mean.

"People like Travis want so badly to be given credit for having been born white, as if they possess a divine right to something despite having failed in every other endeavor."

1593619064040.png

OK, an idiot above who I normally don't engage with said a few things that resemble an argument:

"Has anyone suggested that the only thing that an IQ score truly represents is how good a person is at taking an IQ test? "

If they did, they would be a moron.
IQ is one the best predictors of life outcomes. There is some evidence to show that blacks, whites, and Hispanics of the same IQ will generally make within a couple thousand dollars of each other per year. Racial disparities in income can be explained by certain groups producing highly intelligent people at different rates.

View attachment 57365

So IQ definitely measures something more than just the ability to take an IQ test. And what is life anyway if not a series of tests?

"Yes, the hereditarian view lends aid and comfort to racists and nativists."

"But more importantly, it's just plain wrong."

Not an argument.

"Specifically, it is based on the ahistorical and ethnocentric assumption of a fixed relationship between the development of certain cognitive skills and raw mental ability. In truth, the skills associated with intelligence have changed over time--and unevenly through social space--as society evolves."

OK, there's a lot to unpack here.

First of all, even if true, that would not be an argument for racial equality.
Secondly, that is based on a few ahistorical assumptions of its own. It assumes that everyone is good at something, that maybe blacks are just as intelligent as whites but in a different way. Which is something you have no reason to believe to be true. Some people are just plain dumb all around.
There are finite kinds of intelligence that will allow you to thrive and prosper in an advanced Western society like the one we live in and IQ test measure those kinds of intelligence. Are there other kinds of intelligence that IQ tests don't measure? Sure. Someone could be dumb as a box of rocks and a be musical genius. Or a gifted salesman. I've known such people. But our society doesn't need and couldn't support 20 million Beethovens. And with online commerce, we will probably need fewer salesman in the future, not more (more on that in a bit).

For clarification: my contention has never been that whites are the best at everything. I don't need to believe that my family is the best family in the world to stand up for my family. You stand up for your family because it's YOUR family. My contention from the beginning has been that the races are not the same.
So if you wanna take the line that "blacks are just as intelligent as whites but in a different way", well, even if that were true (which it's not) that would actually back up my contention that the races are not the same.

That brings us to...
Third, it assumes that maybe just maybe society will evolve in such a way that will become more advantage to blacks, that the kinds of hitherto undiscovered latent talents that blacks have will eventually come into high demand (we're stacking assumptions on top of assumptions here).
That is highly, HIGHLY unlikely.
Automation is just around the corner and pretty soon all the low-skilled work will be being done by robots. The only jobs that will be left will be ones that will require you to have high intelligence in the kinds of things that IQ measures and a few jobs for extreme creative types.

OK, what else have we got here....

"Not to mention that the so-called "heretability of IQ" varies substantially by socioeconomic class?"

Can be explained by regression to mean.

"People like Travis want so badly to be given credit for having been born white, as if they possess a divine right to something despite having failed in every other endeavor."

View attachment 57366
You can toss as much wishy-washy bullshit at me as you want, pepper your posts with memes, whatever. There still doesn't exist a straightforward test of general mental ability. This is fact. And I'm actually not married to the notion that everyone is exactly the same, I'm probably slightly less liberal than Nerak in that regard. The development of abstract thinking skills represents a cultural adaptation to the complexity of modern society, particularly in a technological context. But this complexity isn't evenly distributed and neither is the demand for written language fluency or analytical aptitude. Your interpretation and manipulation of this data serves only to prop up your racist perspective on life with a pseudo-scientific and pseudo-academic underpinning. You'd be laughed out of the room for attempting to argue this shit in front of real academics. You're just used to an audience of appreciative n*****-hatin' dunces, which is why you often feel like these "points" have some sort of intellectual merit.

There's no one on earth who could take scientific musings seriously from a guy who earnestly says things like "this is not how the gentile mind works."

Last edited:

And if he didnt support BLM, that still wouldn't make him racist. Ah, Marilyn you had good taste. He was wise beyond his years.

'Nuff said.
Radish, you seem to have a view on everything, but no knowledge of anything of any use. As if you'd actually know anything about The Bell Curve...FFS.
Laughable, pompous, dole-ite pretender.
Wtf are you even on this site for?
Piece o'shite, just a skinny chameleon pseudonym bell end really.

Radish, you seem to have a view on everything, but no knowledge of anything of any use. As if you'd actually know anything about The Bell Curve...FFS.
Laughable, pompous, dole-ite pretender.
Wtf are you even on this site for?
Piece o'shite, just a skinny chameleon pseudonym bell end really.
And you are who, exactly?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom